Natural Gas

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by just21, Sep 28, 2005.

1. just21

just21

2. dude ... nat gas is like the world series of poker

only for those willing to risk it all in one hand

:eek:

3. PaulAB

PaulAB

Can anybody advise why the big move up today after flat yesterday - have some figures been released or something ?

Thanks

4. JayS

JayS

5. tomcole

tomcole

Only trade qm & qg - it stakes a while to get used to the gaps, the wide spreads and the endless head fakes.

For QG, imagine trading bonds, if there were 3-5 tick spreads, routinely, sometimes 10-15. If dealers threw in huge size they had no attention of being hit on, and pulled it if they started getting hit. And volume of 5-10 lots got noticed on the price ladder. This afternoon it just got run down 20 ticks, then reversed back up 22. - after being up 75 ticks on the day!

All that aside, its a vibrant market!

6. They are going to run this thing up good. This will have to be a weak Xmas. I think the high end will be fine but people making fewer than 60k with families don’t shop there anyway. The gas for the car and home will break them good. I don’t think the tax breaks will make up for the gas cost along.

7. Potential tropical depression in Caribbean, HHub shut in, Oct contract expiration, 78.5% of gulf natgas still shut in as of yesterday...that's all i got

8. tomcole

tomcole

The media doesnt want to tell people to go look at their electricity bills - in MA, the PUC got a request for a 25% electricity increase due to costs from some utility.

Maybe being long some utilities isnt a bad idea.

9. just21

just21

10. Ebo

Ebo

EIA weekly report due out at the bottom of the hour.
    Is $15 next?

#10     Sep 29, 2005