Natural gas - where is the bottom

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by sk8erboy, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Definition of "investment".... a busted trade.

#21     Oct 5, 2010
  2. The actual quote is, "Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach. Those who can't teach, teach gym."

#22     Oct 5, 2010
  3. bone

bone

In some professions like medicine and engineering, teachers maintain licensing and practice their professions.

It just sucks to time markets. So many people are enamored with the romantic notion of catching a flat price market directionally for some kind of monster move - thanks to Jack Schwaeger's crime against humanity.

#23     Oct 5, 2010
  4. drm7

drm7

Care to elaborate? Are you referring to Market Wizards?

#24     Oct 5, 2010
  5. thank you for correcting me with your unnamed sources, anyway my main point was that we do have plenty of supply but I do not see a commodity going to zero as in 0.0 that is my sole point.

#25     Oct 5, 2010
  6. I would say for the practical trader thinking about this is fun but not practical from a business perspective.

Trying to do so will tie up capital often in a wasting asset such as a commodity ETF or futures contract. I say go (or at least try to go) where the easiest money is. In trading this is often the frothy, bubbly markets where speculation is already rampant, not the dead dogs that might at some point come to life.

#26     Oct 5, 2010

7. Another typical ETer, ignorant and proud of it.

George Santayana has something to say about people like you.

#27     Oct 6, 2010
  8. unnamed source? it's common sense. You couldnt be bothered to take 30 sec and do a google? here: http://www.naturalgas.org/overview/resources.asp

And thanks for the wonderful insight that commodities will not goto 0.

stupidities abound....

#28     Oct 6, 2010
  9. kxvid

kxvid

I used to worry about peak oil and peak natty, but now I think that the shale plays will save our asses for a good while. Oil production could very easily peak in 2015 or so, but natrual gas will remain abundant for atleast 35 more years. Nat gas and coal will power the future.

#29     Oct 7, 2010
  10. really, wonderful insight? I was simply responding to sk8terboy's original post, they asked if it can go to zero and I said no... I think it would be useful for you to simply correct me without calling me stupid because of one difference in number who cares we still have plenty of natural gas but cannot go to zero, that is the original question that was posed and that I answered.

#30     Oct 9, 2010