National ID a prelude to a police state

Discussion in 'Politics' started by zdreg, Apr 30, 2010.

1. zdreg

zdreg

http://news.yahoo.com/s/huffpost/20100430/cm_huffpost/557721

National ID Card Included In Democratic Immigration Bill
    Ryan Grim Ryan Grim Fri Apr 30, 12:17 pm ET

The full summary can be read here.

The bill would make it illegal for anyone other than an employer to ask to see the enhanced social security card: "Possession of a fraud-proof social security card will only serve as evidence of lawful work-authorization but will in no way be permitted to serve--or shall be required to be shown--as proof of citizenship or lawful immigration status. It will be unlawful for any person, corporation; organization local, state, or federal law enforcement officer; local or state government; or any other entity to require or even ask an individual cardholder to produce their social security card for any purpose other than electronic verification of employment eligibility and verification of identity for Social Security Administration purposes. No personal information will be stored on the electronic chip contained within the social security card other than the individual's name, date of birth, social security number, and unique biometric identifier.

2. Mav88

Mav88

Do you understand that gov't agencies already have a ton of info on you?

You already have several IDs, what's the big deal?

3. Democrats want you to have a ID card, Republicans want to check that you are a citizen walking around in your own country..

the END of Amerika.

4. Mav88

Mav88

I have several IDs now. Sometimes I have to show them in order to go somewhere or have access to some privledge. There are many public records on me.

What's the problem?

5. Ricter

Ricter

The problem is history. It hasn't stopped.

It's not implausible that some day, in an America where non-"whites" are the majority, they decide to purify the continent of the white devil, and that your several ID cards and the database(s) they reflect will be used to round you up.

6. Mav88

Mav88

They won't need a database, they could just look at me and shoot me.

The extremes are always possible, always have been and will be.

The data base already exists, too late.

7. amndacatr

amndacatr

I do agree that there have been some occurrences that shouldn't have. This bill passed would provide a great relief to the people to even speak the anyone who asks for this an have to opt for not showing them. But, in some case it could also work against us. Just like the technology, the better technology we have, the greater would be its use in the destructive manner. So, the people looking forward for such circumstances should be taken care off, rather than playing the blame game about the whites and the blacks, I see no point in that.