National Anthem Was Faked At Inauguration

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Jan 22, 2013.

1. pspr

pspr

Beyoncé did not sing the national anthem live at President Obama’s inauguration.

Millions of viewers around the world were stunned by the singer’s spectacular rendition of the anthem but The Times has learnt that she was lip-syncing to a pre-recorded backing track.

But to close observers, it appeared the performer was not singing live. To press seated just below the podium, in front of the “President’s Own” Marine Corps Band, it was evident that the band wasn’t actually playing during the song—even though band director Colonel Michael J. Colburn was conducting energetically and the band members mimicked blowing into their instruments. Separately, at one point during her performance, Beyoncé removed her earpiece.

http://www.washingtonian.com/blogs/...beyonce-lip-sync-the-star-spangled-banner.php

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Faked Anthem at an inauguration for an unqualified fake POTUS. Nice.

3. TGregg

TGregg

4. "On Tuesday, a spokeswoman for the U.S. Marine Band told news outlets that Beyoncé had lip-synced at President Barack Obama's inauguration. Master Sgt. Kristin duBois said the band was notified at the last minute that Beyoncé would use a prerecorded voice track."

"Regarding Ms. Knowles-Carter's vocal performance," Wolf's statement continued, "no one in the Marine Band is in a position to assess whether it was live or pre-recorded."

http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=786640

----------------------------------

Must be disenheartening to practice, then when the time comes to perform the conductor says "You there. with the horn 'Blow it out your ass', we don't need you."

Affrimative action...can't let a AA fail. She might have made a mistake "live".

Cool how I made this about race....:cool:

5. wildchild

wildchild

Who says she can sing at all? I wonder if any of her performances are real. Believe me, Milli Vanilli were the ones who got caught but there are a whole bunch of talentless assholes doing the same thing.

6. pspr

pspr

I think she is scheduled to sing the national anthem at the super bowl. Is it live or is it Memorex?

7. Typical right-wingnut hysteria over nothing. Who the fuck cares? Oh wait I forgot. Whenever the NA is sung righties get all emotional and start acting like a woman with PMS.

BTW, singers don't like to sing when it's cold. It's tough on the vocal chords.

BBTW Beyonce is totally hot.

[​IMG]

8. Beyonce wasn't the only person on that stage moving their lips while saying nothing.

9. Sour Grapes.

10. Wallet

Wallet

Why the facade? If we are to listen to a recording, why not stand there with your hand over your heart and sing along, off mic, with the rest of us instead of the grandiose theatrical act.

Singing the lyrics correctly are important, granted, but if you're more concerned about your appearance in front of the crowd, I'd say you are the wrong person for the job. The National Anthem isn't about the person singing, it's about the Country in which we live.

#10     Jan 27, 2013