Nat Gas Mini

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by nighttripper, Sep 26, 2006.

1. For what its worth, looks like a cold front hit a bit early :

17:37 [ParisJOM.] Oct. 13 (Bloomberg) -- Buffalo, New York, was blanketed under a record-setting 2 feet of snow, knocking out power to almost a quarter-million residents and prompting local authorities to declare a state of emergency. http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aP8pfxbPHV4Q&refer=worldwide_news

... thinking we may have seen the bottom of nat gas for the year.

#21     Oct 13, 2006
  2. Take a look at this...
    http://www.cpc.noaa.gov/

Just because you have some precipitation to match doesn't give cause for alarm. the near term forecasts are relatively neutral for nat gas.

#22     Oct 13, 2006
  3. Yes, don't get me wrong, not jumping to any hard conclusions.... just following through on my plan.

#23     Oct 13, 2006
  4. one word: Amaranth.

#24     Oct 13, 2006
  5. huh ? And ?

... certainly you are not implying not trading nat gas just because some idiot at a desk blew up a fund acting like a newbie with no discipline ?

#25     Oct 13, 2006
  6. down 12% for the week...still want long term exposure?

roar

#26     Oct 13, 2006
  7. Read the prior posts. I was short since monday, long the previous week, and yes, long since thismorning.

Yes, I want to be long nat gas at this point, definitely.

#27     Oct 13, 2006
  8. up even more the previous week. its called volatility.

Try trading wheat right now -- makes even NG look a little tame.

by the way, interesting enough - today was a good recovery day for natural gas depleting trusts, many that pay very high dividends (ie PGH at 13%).

#28     Oct 13, 2006
  9. by the way, what is your basis of being long Nov nat gas other than a hunch oil will go up on OPEC support and somehow oil will correlate with NG ?

What about record storage issues and no truly threatening weather before Nov expiration?

#29     Oct 13, 2006
  10. Yes, exactly. What was the guy's message ? ... trying to tell us it will go down to zero because it drop nicely this week ?

#30     Oct 13, 2006