Nassim Taleb's `Black Swan' Investors Post 50% Gains as Markets Take Dive

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Daal, Oct 14, 2008.

1. That is the funniest shit ever- too bad i had to survive a whole day without reading it!

Taleb... errr... Jean Paul .. whatever... too fucking funny.

#51     Oct 16, 2008
  2. Taleb is a smart man. He is a decent writer, has a better proof reader/editor than some and has a good marketing vehicle behind him.

I don't agree with his opinions about the market or the economy because I am of the opinion that if you can read chart specific price direction and strength then "Black Swans" can not exist. Solid accurate fundamental analysis should compliment solid accuate technical analysis NOT contradict it. Nothing within any chart environment should come as a surprise.

"Black Swans" can exist in environments where the charts are chaotic, choppy, inconsistent, noisy, cluttered and seemingly untamable. We are historically creatures of habit and when it comes to trading or investing . . . at times . . . we are our own worst enemy.

#52     Oct 16, 2008
  3. paradox

paradox

4. I like and respect Taleb....a lot.

But that right there is some funny ass shit. :D

#54     Oct 23, 2008
  5. For high net worth individuals, his fund is great for diversification

Most 'hedge funds' are actually high correlated with world markets.

His fund actually is not

#55     Oct 23, 2008
  6. Funniest thing I've read in a long time. THANKS

#56     Oct 23, 2008
  7. I don't live in Zimbabwe.

Gold is selling for ~30% of its inflation-adjusted peak. If you want to cherry-pick an arbitrary starting point to justify your "strategy" - hey, it's your money.

#57     Oct 23, 2008
  8. A self-wanking group of iGrandized folks if ever there was one. That said, a couple of them do have wickedly good sense of humor. :)

#58     Oct 23, 2008