Nassim Taleb: "Who got burried?"

Discussion in 'Economics' started by qxr1011, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Seriously, if you don't like what Taleb is saying, maybe you're part of the problem.
    Or maybe there's no maybe about it.

#11     Nov 11, 2016
    ThunderThor likes this.
  2. That's some of the best stuff. Makes me laugh, because it's true!!

#12     Nov 12, 2016
    ThunderThor and Telepuzik like this.
  3. i'm confused i never saw him take any credit for making that bet ... i agree he is negative.. but listen to you guys haha..

#13     Nov 12, 2016
  4. dealmaker

dealmaker

I am confused about your confusion! He was invited on CNBC/ Bloomberg tv because of THAT bet and never once said hey guys this is too optimistic, there wasn't even enough open interest or AUM to make this bet possible and he was their official advisor....

#14     Nov 12, 2016
  5. dealmaker

dealmaker

I am confused about your confusion! He was invited on CNBC/ Bloomberg because of THAT bet and acknowledged being THEIR advisor but never said this is too optimistic, there was not enough open interest or AUM to make this bet possible. To me all this implies he was either complicit of the hoax or he is the pseudo intellectual he is talking about in his books...

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
    #15     Nov 12, 2016
  6. qxr1011

qxr1011

#16     Nov 14, 2016
    cdcaveman likes this.
  7. dealmaker

dealmaker

He is the IYI he is referring to for not recognizing Universa Investments claims were a hoax. He was on their payroll IE he had inside information to their AUM, bets etc.. Universa did not make those claims just to play a joke on the markets but to bolster their reputation thus AUM...

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
    #17     Nov 14, 2016
  8. Visaria

Visaria

off topic, that was paddypower and they often do this sort of thing, pay out on low priced odds before the result is known, it's low cost publicity for them.

#18     Nov 14, 2016
  9. \

It would have been better publicity to pay off on Trump.

#19     Nov 14, 2016
  10. You guys sound like a bunch of idiots... Why not get back to shaming politicians.. they deserve it

#20     Nov 14, 2016