Nassim Taleb on Charlie Rose: "Massive Deflation Nightmare, Roubini Too Bullish"

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Daal, Dec 8, 2008.

1. richrf

richrf

YOU DON'T GET IT! When you have a so called Free Market, this is exactly what you get. A bunch of snake oil salesman grabbing money in all kinds of Ponzi schemes. That is why you have government regulation. lol. You are really dense. You and your illusionary, free market, utiopian world. You need to know the world as it exists, not the one that some fuddy duddy economist dreamed upon in some academic text book. Consider, that you were (are) just be duped by the Ponzi schemers. Give it some thought.

#161     Dec 11, 2008
  2. richrf

richrf

This is so silly. Read a book or a newspaper. Better yet, just google deregulation under Reagen, Clinton, Bush. The WHOLE agenda of the Republicans was deregulation!

Why oh why did I ever begin a discussion with a bunch of DittoHeads? I should have known better. BTW, do you think Palin is qualified to be the President of the U.S.? I just want to know who I am talking to.

#162     Dec 11, 2008
  3. So, in other words, you can't answer the question and back your claims.

Your best response is "read a newspaper" and "Dittohead".

I bet you were the star of your school's debate team with ironclad arguments like these.

#163     Dec 11, 2008
  4. richrf

richrf

Please, just do this, instead of bothering me. I really didn't realize who I got into a discussion with.

1) Go to Google.com
    2) Type in: deregulation, bush administration

You will find about 617,000 entries. These entries constitute my response to you. Now, this is very important, so please read careful:

Do not, I repeat DO NOT, respond to this message until you have read every single entry. See you in a few thousand years. :) (Gosh, I never thought I would be able to get you out of my life).

#164     Dec 11, 2008
  5. Mr. Palin:eek:

#165     Dec 11, 2008
  6. Gee, and <i>still</i> nowhere do I find where the whole economy has been deregulated by Bernanke and Bush (or anyone). But then, the difference between us is that I know how to read and I don't think that investment banks and mortgage markets are deregulated.

You know rich, for me to be "in your life", your life would have to be this board. That's kind of a sad thing to admit, don't you think?

#166     Dec 12, 2008
  7. richrf

richrf

lol. :) Go read some history books and learn while banks are regulated. I don't know where you went to school, but you may want to revisit some of your history courses. Just a suggestion.

#167     Dec 12, 2008
  8. richrf

richrf

The moment someone entrusts their money to someone else (e.g. bank, brokerage, whatever ..), there needs to be regulations and laws. If anyone doubts this, just read a little history of what happened in the past when there weren't regulations, e.g. bank reserves, bank insurance, etc. You get, what is called, a run on the bank, which use to happen periodically throughout history, causing economic collapses.

Most of the people on this board, who are anti-regulation, have no idea that their naive experiments have already been tried out in history, failed miserably, and are considered utopian dreams, and are therefore not taken seriously, other than on the Limbaugh and Kudlow shows, where they are considered red meat for the very ill-informed. However, the vast, vast number in the population understand what happens when there is no regulation. It is called a Ponzi scheme, such as the one appearing in the newspapers today.

#168     Dec 12, 2008
  9. richrf

richrf

On the contrary, commonsense, is you don't loan money to people with no documentation, no income, and no skin the the game. All of this was thrown aside by the last administration (the first time since the Great Depression). And guess what happened. We had the first Great Recession, since the Great Depression. Congratulations Free Marketers for bringing on the first Great Recession, in almost 100 years. Nice going.

#169     Dec 12, 2008
  10. richrf

richrf

lol. Regulation was in place until Bush got into office and neutered ever regulatory body including the SEC. How did he do it? Simple, he put dimwits like himself in charge of the offices (e.g. the Katrina disastor).

Thanks for the deregulation guys. Worked so well, we should do it again - in maybe 100 years.

#170     Dec 12, 2008