Nassim Taleb makes the rounds again

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Maverick74, Feb 4, 2006.

1. "Collective2 is a the place to market and sell trading advice. We're perfect for market timers, newsletter publishers, and trading system developers. We take care of the drudgery of subscriptions, emails, credit card payments, and running computer servers. You simply provide the trading advice; we do the rest."

"Anyone can add a trading system to Collective2. If you have what it takes, you'll soon be earning subscription revenues from traders seeking to profit from your advice."

"Here's how it works

To get started, you enter a brief description of your trading system into our database. That will allow members of Collective2 to search for your system and subscribe to it.

After that, any time your system recommends a trade, you enter your trading advice through Collective2. (This is called "Entering a trade signal.") When you enter your trade signal into Collective2, two things happen.

First, all your subscribers are automatically informed about your trading advice through email (you can schedule the email to take place at a certain time, or we can send it instantly).

Second, we automatically track the results of your trade against real-time market movements, and make your results available for potential subscribers to study. This means that future subscribers will be able to trust your results and will become more likely to subscribe to your system."

#41     Feb 5, 2006
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

Well, I really liked this paragraph of yours.....

"IMPORTANT: I am more interested in helping you become profitable trading my option system than just having you as a subscriber. I really want you to have a pleasant experience trading my powerful methodology. However, like any other successful business, there are rules and guidelines I laid out early on in my trading plan that I strongly follow, to insure consistent and profitable results over the long term. I want to make sure you are clearly aware of them, so please, to prevent any misunderstanding, I encourage you to take the time and make yourself familiar with them before subscribing."

#42     Feb 5, 2006
  3. I do it because I enjoy posting my results out in the public for everyone to see and get held accountable for it. I truly enjoy being a long gamma trader.

#43     Feb 5, 2006
  4. I enjoy sharing trades and the discussions about them too. That is why I started the Journal thread here at ET for free. Also my own account statements keep me accountable lol. The public is not the resource for that.

Collective2 is a site to market things so you can understand the backlash. Look at the quotes above from the site.

EDIT: Also why would anyone pay for such an enjoyment when you can do it for free:

"Listing Fees.

First Trading System Added: $98 for six-month listing

Trading systems added in next 3 months: $73 per six-month listing

Remember, that you will get paid for each subscriber that signs up for your trading system. You can charge whatever you like. Collective2 keeps 30% of any subscriptions processed on your behalf. At the end of each month, we remit the remainder of your subscription charges back to you."

#44     Feb 5, 2006
  5. griffins

griffins

How are you held accountable? Do you underwrite your subscriber's losses? This assumes you have any subscribers.

Do they get a $49 refund when they hit a 94% drawdown?

#45     Feb 5, 2006
  6. That's good OC. To me, just taking that account from almost nothing after a rough start in '04 during research to where it's at is just unbeleivable. And I know it' hypothetical, never the less I trade similar in my real account at a smaller size of course. I learned so much though.

#46     Feb 5, 2006
  7. Well good luck but no need to pay for that kind of press lol. You know that hypo trades rarely come across well here with these folks. ;) Thanks for the responses.

#47     Feb 5, 2006
  8. griffins

griffins

#48     Feb 5, 2006
  9. Also, If I take people on as subscribers, they would need a whole lot of hand holding because my trading style is very confusing to the average trader. Later on in the year, when the account hits over 1,000,000, I think I'll be taking on subscribers as I'll have trained staff to support me. I'm just not ready for all this distraction just yet.

#49     Feb 5, 2006
  10. wbear

wbear

Congrats! May I take the other side of your trades, please?

Peace!:)

#50     Feb 5, 2006