Nassim Taleb makes the rounds again

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Maverick74, Feb 4, 2006.

1. Would you like a link.?? Where's your "verified results"???

#21     Feb 4, 2006
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

#22     Feb 4, 2006

3. You got it. You don't have to take anyone seriously. However, numbers don't lie. Average holding time ...14 days, long gamma. What have you done lately?? Your results please.

#23     Feb 4, 2006
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

I guess when I run out of my own money and need to ask others for theirs, I'll set up a papertrading account on collective2 to try to raise some. Until then, I'll think I'll pass.

Don't take this the wrong way, it's nothing against you, I know many people on this site that have used them and I'm aware of the game that is Collective2. I'm not going to go into it here because they are a sponsor and my posts will be deleted, so I will leave it at that.

Anyway, it's best to return the topic to Taleb or this thread will get moved to chit chat.

#24     Feb 4, 2006
  5. Hmm, perhaps a new book is on the way, judging from some of the recent posts, it might be rather appropriately titled "Fooled by Flatulence". :D

#25     Feb 4, 2006
  6. Quote from collective2 on Pinnacle:

"Realism Factor 36.5" (Scale of 1 to 100 with 100 meaning you can replicate the hypothetical trades and 1 highly unlikely)

Why is the realism factor so low rated by Collective2. Arer these hypothetical results then?

#26     Feb 4, 2006
  7. griffins

griffins

Quote from Pinnacle:

"3. Even though the system had a whopping 94% drawdown in its first year, the risk of ruin to the account no longer exists due to a major discovery in the behavior of "chaotic volatility" and its implementation using scientific sizing techniques . "

Oooh. Chaotic Volatility. :p

The equity curve is obviously shit, at no point does it reflect a 94% DD. Garbage In, Garbage Out.

#27     Feb 4, 2006
  8. As you please. I won't put you on the spot. However, whenever you're ready to challenge me in the options market, just drop me line. I'd love to take you on...anytime. Taleb can assist you in picking your fat tails, how's that???

#28     Feb 4, 2006
  9. hans37

hans37

Sounds like fuzzy fractal logic to me.

#29     Feb 4, 2006
  10. griffins

griffins

LOL. Your 94% drawdown is certainly an impressive feat. Simulated, fantasy fills in illquid tickers and a bogus equity curve! Success!

#30     Feb 4, 2006