Nassim Taleb Endorses Ron Paul for President.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by achilles28, May 2, 2012.

1. Brass

Brass

Yeah, I think he is. Paul not only doesn't want to raise any taxes for anyone ("austerity?"), he also wants them to eventually be abolished. That's just fringe talk. And that is where he will remain.

I like Taleb, and read two of his books, FBR and BS. But I think all he sees now are black swans. Perhaps he's a victim of his own publishing success. He doesn't believe in bailouts. Now, while that's a reasonable position in the normal course, what occurred in 2008 was anything but normal. So, on the one hand, he doesn't distinguish between vital and unnecessary bailouts, but he supposedly distinguishes black swans from the normal course of events. (And now there always appears to be one just around the corner for him, perhaps because he now defines himself by them.) Not a lot of consistency there. And he's going to vote for the guy who doesn't have a chance and never will. So much for his empiricism.

#11     May 2, 2012
  2. pspr

pspr

Like I said, you are an idiot. I had to cut out the part of your previous post that doesn't make any sense in English.

Anyway, your test results show you are very liberal at a -3.12 as expected. Where as I was right in the center as was Lucrum and others you consider "far right".

Isn't it time for you to start getting dressed up in your nursy uniform for the day? Do you have clean white nylons for today? I hope you're not still wearing that vomit covered pair from last week.

#12     May 2, 2012
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

Explain to me again how this directly affects you in Canada.

#13     May 2, 2012
  4. Brass

Brass

You know you're out of ammunition when you point your index finger and say "Bang, bang!"

#14     May 2, 2012
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

You're the one who dodged the question.

#15     May 2, 2012
  6. Brass

Brass

No, I just called it for what it was.

#16     May 2, 2012
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

BS, You dodged the question. As in you didn't answer because you don't like the answer. As in you don't like facing your absurd obsession with US politics.

#17     May 2, 2012
  8. Taleb knows if Paul were president there would be more black swan events, which would play into his shtick?

I love half of what Paul has to say, but then there's the crazy side.

#18     May 2, 2012
  9. Max E.

Max E.

"Fooled by Randomness"

I havent seen a move in the stock market that pissed out more free money than today, in over 3 years....... And it was out of nowhere...... :D

Was lucky to be at my computer......

Kudos to Taleb, and the principle of randomness!!

#19     May 2, 2012
  10. Brass

Brass

Now if only your post made any sense.

#20     May 2, 2012