Nassim Taleb - Black Swan

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by bearmountain, Jan 4, 2011.

1. I think it was a Time magazine profile that I read on him a few months ago. He seemed like a pretty realistic guy. I actually am going to pick up his books as a result of the profile. Not something normally would do, but he seemed very logical and thoughtful in the brief article.

2. I might also add I hate Time magazine, but my Dad gives it to me after he is done, so I at least scan it, but can't stand it overall. I'll read just about anything. It is something I haven't been able to pass on to my kids which frustrates me to no end. I love reading, and can't figure out how to put that joy to the kids.

3. Visaria

Visaria

Thanks for the links. Do you know when the interview was done? Found it a bit surprising the second video was with David Cameron.

4. I believe the interviews were done in 2008 and 2009.

I got quite a chuckle when Tableb talked about unpredictability of rare events; he gave an example of a turkey being fed 364 days by a human. The turkey believed that humans were very kind, taking such good care of the turkey. until ofcourse Thanksgiving day, which proved to be a rare event for the turkey.

The following one, done in jan-2009 with daniel Kahneman is a gem, who is a professor of psychology at princeton.
    http://fora.tv/2009/01/27/Nassim_Taleb_and_Daniel_Kahneman_Reflection_on_a_Crisis