Nasim Taleb Speaks Wednesday

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by marketsurfer, Apr 15, 2007.

1. Well, thank you for reposting it. I missed it the first time.

#91     Apr 21, 2007
  2. You're welcome. But I didn't re-post it either. At least not any time recently that I can recall. Really.

#92     Apr 21, 2007
  3. I meant apex. Sorry TD.

But thanks to you for your contribution to this thread, and to marketsurfer, and to everyone else.

I had never been exposed to any of this before this thread, and it is one of those rare things that is forcing me to re-evaluate my fundamental patterns thinking and behaving.

#93     Apr 21, 2007
  4. should we expect new handle soon ? Like SellHiBuyLower ?

#94     Apr 21, 2007
  5. No. I don't believe that would be relevant at all to the philosophy, as it relates to trading or investing, espoused by Taleb.

Do you?

#95     Apr 21, 2007
  6. ByLow , don't you going to thanks him for thanking you ? How rude
    j/k , having a little fun after good week ( thanks to few certain black swans)

#96     Apr 21, 2007
  7. Yes. And thank you for reminding me. :D

#97     Apr 21, 2007
  8. When I read this the other day I couldn't remember the thread
    you may want to read this, at least the first 20-30 pages; practical and pertinent discussion of risk and reward in trading albeit options.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53037&perpage=6&pagenumber=1

#98     Apr 23, 2007
  9. #99     Apr 24, 2007
  10. g poole

g poole

The comment below was made my a reviewer of the book "The Black Swan":

"As per 'The Black Swan', the idea that unimportant events are routinely underanticipated, I would argue the latter. You make more money selling insurance for extreme events playing on overblown fears, as evidenced by the success of insurance, and reinsurance companies, or the success of selling out-of-the-money put options."

Since this message board is comprised of elite traders, I am curious as to how an elite trader reacts to this comment.

#100     Apr 29, 2007