NASDAQ

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by ARogueTrader, Apr 1, 2004.

1. abogdan

abogdan

Exceptionally well pronounced chart! Thank you very much for your effort. This is the example of a post that we should see more often.

#11     Apr 3, 2004
  2. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

FWIW, you're fudging your TLs unnecessarily. When using candles, the tails are not critical when determining trend. If you draw your upper line -- the DnTL -- through that tail on the 5th, you'll have a more accurate line. Incidentally, it will also be parallel to your demand line underneath.

As for rotating your line up, that shouldn't be done until you've made a new low, which we have yet to do. The break on Thursday conveys information which is lost if you adjust your TL to it.

#12     Apr 3, 2004
  3. I was long going into Friday...I guess my tails were pointed in the right direction.

#13     Apr 3, 2004
  4. I suspect the gap will be filled...eventually.

#14     Apr 3, 2004
  5. +==========================
    Right & it is right to write it ;
    however since we are making helpful suggestions i dont put RSI at the top of any chart.:cool:

#15     Apr 3, 2004
  6. abogdan

abogdan

I've been in a GAP research mode lately. It is a fascinating subject that I somehow overlooked in my trading. I always knew that they have been used widely but I have never researched them indepth myself. I discovered a lot of interesting facts about GAPs since I started looking onto this subject. Thanks to friend of mine who pointed out to me the importance of GAPs I am more and more inclined to think that this subject has more to offer than most of us think. So, the beautiful GAP on your chart strikes me as a perfect magnet that will attract action in upcoming few trading days.
    Cheers,

#16     Apr 3, 2004
  7. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

There were no tails of any consequence last week. The tail I was referring to was 3/5. Going long was the correct thing to do since the DTL, drawn correctly, was broken on Thursday. However, since you rotated the line up, it doesn't show the break.

#17     Apr 3, 2004
  8. So you don't put RSI at the top of the chart....

Since you are stating your opinion here, the important question is, do you leave the seat up after you pee...

Or do you pee sitting down....

#18     Apr 3, 2004
  9. abogdan

abogdan

Why every worthy thread on ET eventually is coming to a pissing war? Why can't we be a little more intelligent and patient? Why every comment provokes a slew of poisonous replies!? Can't we just try once staying on topic?

#19     Apr 3, 2004
  10. That would be nice....

How do you stop the first rock thrower?

It doesn't matter though, I will just keep posting my charts.

#20     Apr 3, 2004