Nasdaq will not bottom until ——-

Discussion in 'Trading' started by NY_HOOD, Apr 3, 2020.

1. NY_HOOD

NY_HOOD

Nasdaq wont bottom until Amazon, apple, nvidea, lam research, and a bunch of others get hit a lot harder.
    They will get hit. No stock escapes a bear market.

comagnum and southall like this.
  2. southall

southall

Not so long ago, January 2019 infact, AAPL was trading around $150

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
  3. S2007S

S2007S

Again I'm amazed to see how these stocks have held up especially apple. Apple is going to see a gigantic drop in smartphone orders and earnings, However we all know for the next 4 to 8 quarters that analysts will knock down estimates so damn hard that the slightest beat will look enormous. Trust me they are already going to play that game.
    As for amazon most will stay very bullish on that stock since millions of people are at home ordering everything from food to ping pong tables. Only thing is that with many unemployed going out the next 6-12 months they could slow spending habits which might hurt amazon later on. Now though they are making strides with everything being bought online and not in stores....the overall market however is still very very high. Stocks havent even felt an ounce of the slowdown yet but will in the next 2 quarters as the US sees GDP drop to levels no one will have ever predicted.

Scataphagos, ET180 and Clubber Lang like this.
  4. southall

southall

The market went down 33% in like a few weeks. Large bear markets don't go down 50% or 80% in a month, takes many months or a few years to see the bottom.

The market likes to first trap its victims, and then to slowly torture them until they throw in the towel.

It wants to trick investors into thinking the bottom is in so they double up on long positions. Before it grinds even lower.

d08, madbrain, RedDuke and 5 others like this.
  5. Don't you guys realize that there have only been 4 election years out of 22 that have been negative? There is a very good chance we could be close to where we were in February by the end of the year.

6. southall

southall

You are joking right?

In how many of the last 22 elections was the economy in lockdown?

7. Exactly
    11 years of “buy every 1% dip” has programmed everyone to think this will be over quickly.
    After the initial free fall, then comes the relentless selling followed by another vicious bear rally that people think is another bottom. Rinse and repeat.

RedDuke, ET180 and monet like this.
  8. WTF does an election have to do with a worldwide plague?
    93% of stats are complete nonsense.

9. guru

guru

At least regarding Apple, they're days away from releasing new iPhone SE that my wife has been waiting a year for. She just wants that specific size and low price point.
    Personally I'd bet on Apple going down but this launch may give them some juice, so can be interesting.

10. Sekiyo

Sekiyo

They might actually be striving under corona virus.
    Nope ?

#10     Apr 3, 2020
    madbrain likes this.