NASDAQ Vs QQQ

Discussion in 'Trading' started by c_verm, Apr 29, 2004.

1. c_verm

c_verm

I am wondering if you can trade the NASDAQ I thought that symbol was NQ but it doenst seem to work? ANyone know waht the symbol is?

Anways I would like to know what the difference from trading the QQQ or the NASDAQ100.

2. Tauvros

Tauvros

(NDX) Nasdaq 100 = QQQ

NQ is the foos, nasdaq futures (the contract symbol is NQM4)

3. Lucrum

Lucrum

QQQ is an ETF (exchange traded fund) of the Nasdaq 100 that trades much like a stock.

NQ is a futures contract that trades on Globex. NQ by itself won't work. You'll have to include the expiration month and year. Not all quote vendors do it the same way but for the current front month the symbol would be something like NQH4 depending on your vendor. Of course you'll have to subscribe to futures quotes first if your not already.

4. Ebo

Ebo

NQH04 does not have very much volume!

It may have rolled over in March......I am not sure?

You might have better luck with the June contract.

5. c_verm

c_verm

Thanks everyone for your clearing that up for me.

6. c_verm

c_verm

I am wondering what the minimum account size should be to trade the Emini NASDAQ or SP?? I would like to learn more about it. WHat are some good sites to learn how futures work?

7. Lucrum

Lucrum

My mistake, your absolutely right June is the front month.

In my defense I was up way past by bed time when I wrote that.

8. Check out www.advancedfutures.com

We have a good education section for all the emini's.
    I like the mini-Dow as a product. Traders that are new to futures, should really look at the benefits of a product that has a wide range of volatility. Since the point value is a little less, it might not hurt as bad if your wrong, and when a strong move occurs there can possibly be enough time to get on the other side. If you need questions answered, feel free to contact me.