Nasdaq Scalpers

Discussion in 'Trading' started by samtrader, Jan 11, 2002.

1. he makes near half a mil a year for the past five years. he has adapted, but still does it. I won't use his method because it is uncomortable to me, but that is for me."

LOL...Well, you certainly don't want to be "uncomortable" while making a half million large consistently each year. LOL!!

PS for a CONSISTENT half mil/year you'd think you could put up w/ a little "discomfort". UNFREAKINGBELIEVABLE!

#11     Jan 12, 2002
  2. Perhaps Barbarian makes nearly half a mil, while being comfortable using his own approach. Personally I'd trade all day sitting on a block of ice for half a mil.

#12     Jan 12, 2002
  3. Look I know people who were making in excess and I mean way excess of a half a million a year in scalping NAZ stocks but since decimalization these same people are not doing very well. Sure is it possible to scalp NAZ stocks for .06-.12 profit , maybe. But if you can do it and if anyone out there can do it and make a living at it all the power to you. If you are just starting out in trading I can't believe that anyone would recommend scalping NASDAQ stocks. In fact if you are just starting out in trading and want to make a serious career out of it I would strong recommend that you find a reputable proprietary firm that has a rigorous training program. Schonfeld securities I understand has a rigorous training program that last from 12 to 18 months. The payout I understand is not that great but gee I would rather get half of something and understand what the heck I'm doing then go in a chop shop that encourages you to scalp just so they can make their commissions.

#13     Jan 12, 2002
  4. I prefer to sit on a comfy leather swivel chair and make it, albeit in my stripey pyjamas :D

#14     Jan 12, 2002
  5. mine has the optional total body vibrator/relaxer with built in bud beer holders in the arm rests!

CAPTN KIRK! :-D

#15     Jan 12, 2002
  6. "My last post as ProTrader!.

ProTrader1 is leaving this board, forever.

Bye all.

ProTrader1

PS candle, i think you are OK. :)"

"A$$ KISSIN' has no survival value! "

#16     Jan 13, 2002
  7. canuck

canuck

to each his own. I scalp and have swing traded. I like scalping myself. I don't just make the spread, but go for 8-12 cent moves. I was the guy in class who couldn't sit still, so it fits my style. There are guys who do this stuff, as it is fairly low risk. You can always get out, not take any big losses, and other positives. But I generally don't make all of the big moves, as I trade very quickly in and out. My costs are very low. I also would not recommend MSFT, as there is no depth. Look to L2 not for direction, but as a gauge of depth. Look at softee, sometimes all there needs is 500 shares and the price level moves 10 cents. Being short 2000 shares and trying to get can be costly, unless you know what you're doing. Start with a small boring stock, and move up to the big game when you're technique is better. Each trader has their own method, do not copy someone else.

Cheers
    Canuck

"Find a job you love and you will never work a day in your life"

#17     Jan 13, 2002
  8. Okay Conuck just out of curiosity. How profitable are you scalping for .06 -.12 per trade minus commissions. How many share do you trade per transaction and per day. How much capital do you trade with? Are you charged on a per share or per ticket basis.

#18     Jan 13, 2002
  9. Aranha

Aranha

Dear Canuck,

which firm are you trading with?

Also, what is your current fee schedule?

Thanks

Aranha

#19     Jan 13, 2002