Nasdaq Opening and Closing Cross

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Zfactory, Dec 8, 2005.

1. Zfactory

Zfactory

Hello;

I was thinking of subscribing to this service, but I am not to sure how it works, or wether it is worth the money. Please pass on some insight on how valuable a tool this is. Thanks for your help.

Z

2. daneo

daneo

I belive that there is a free month trial that you can use!!
    D.K

3. It's a pretty valuable tool that can easily pay for itself on one trade. A lot of times especially when there is any kind of S&P rebalancing it is almost "free money". A market maker at the close needs to buy/sell a rediculous amount of stock, sometimes many times over the average daily volume of the stock and he is willing to pay a higher price than where the stock is trading, or sell it to you at a lower price than where it's trading. He shows you the price ahead of time where he is willing to print you at the closing cross.

4. Zfactory

Zfactory

So, you post the offers and the indicated match price, if there is a buy imbalance, and hope you get the fill?

I signed up for the free trial, but I have not been filled yet. Seems like a lot of the time when there has been a Sell imbalance, the stock actually goes up.

5. kongbai

kongbai

what is the difference between near indicative clearing price and far indicative price?