NASDAQ not far from "correction" now.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Overnight, May 13, 2019.

1. S2007S

S2007S

Everyone is hoping for a relief rally in the next day or two and I'm sure they will get it... trump wants a weak market so that the fed can deal again and bow to the markets cutting rates ...if the markets sell off another 5-6-7% and break December lows the fed will intervene and it's possible that trump folds and drops the tariffs all together. That's the possibility if the markets continue a heavy selloff...the longer this trade war goes on and uncertainty persists the further the markets will fall!

#21     May 13, 2019
  2. Ayn Rand

Ayn Rand

In the spirit of debate I issue the following.

I understand what you are saying. I do have a methodology and I usually make money. It is not my sole source of income but it works more times than not. And when it does not work it is not the end of the world. It is either a small loss or an incredible gain.

I have been trading for over 30 years.

If the next 2 days are big up days that recoup all of today's declines then I have no idea what I am talking about.

However, if on Tues and/or Wed we get a substantial/moderate decline then I have something to say.

Not saying it is in the bag but it looks good.

FYI - I no longer trade all the time. It become boring/not fun waiting and waiting and waiting for the market to response.

I no longer have to trade. I only trade when it is just to good not to.

#22     May 13, 2019
  3. Overnight

Overnight

Apparently this was blurted this evening, not on Twitter, and the NQ is currently responding with a 50-point rise from it's post 6PM ET low...

Later in the day, Trump said it would become apparent “in about three or four weeks” whether trade talks with China were successful.

“You never really know, right?” Trump said at an Iftar dinner at the White House. “But I have a feeling it’s going to be very successful.”

That's all it takes now to get the bull juices flowing. A sideline comment. I hope Ayn is right and the RTH tanks the shit out of this thing, since I bailed on a micro long right at that post 6PM low. That's why I'm back to tiny size. I cannot read this market for ANYTHING lately.

#23     May 13, 2019
  4. Mnuchin has the Treasury Desk buying... PPT is controlled by Secretary of Treasury, they power buy and have HTF all front running, to increase volume and have a bigger effect

Under Trump, they seem to be constantly active, even in 2018 they were active it seemed, some days made no sense where this mysterious buyer would swallow SP indexes, sometimes I get lost watching Market Depth, I have caught some monster bids for SP Index, even Yellen mentioned Fed should buy Stock Indexes years back

#24     May 14, 2019
  5. Another trade war is looming, this time with EU. Trump has to make a decision soon on tariff on cars imported from EU. EU has threaten to retaliate.

Even though the amount of $20 billion is moderate, the tariff on cars is something important to the Trump's base.

#25     May 14, 2019
  6. Overnight

Overnight

I would think that the markets are in for another round of selling once the US "officially" implements the tariffs on the bulk of the remaining China goods, which seems to be "soon". Maybe today?

#26     May 14, 2019
  7. %%
    True;
    unless one has a battle tested selling plan+ some do.:cool::cool:

#27     May 14, 2019
  8. Ayn Rand

Ayn Rand

I am loaded and ready to rock. However, something big hit around 10:13. Anyone have an idea what it was?

#28     May 15, 2019
  9. Overnight

Overnight

NEWS. Nothing technical. Just pure unadulterated comments by Trump and Mnuchin about trade.

#29     May 15, 2019
  10. noddyboy

noddyboy

If things are so uncertain and two way, the best position is in cash.

#30     May 15, 2019