Nasdaq has topped

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Master Pu, Apr 29, 2021.

1. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Carefully following VIX to see if it breaks > 20.

I went long UVXY SQQQ SOXS etc, key reversal signal is if inverses break and hold new daily highs for 3 consecutive days. Good luck

#21     Apr 29, 2021
    Master Pu likes this.
  2. I don’t know. Maybe it is just a feeling the bulls are a little pooped right now.

#22     Apr 29, 2021
  3. S2007S

S2007S

Amazon up over 100 bucks after hours and nasdaq futures down 50!

Uh oh....

Imagine if we get a 3.87% pull back!!!!!!

#23     Apr 29, 2021
  4. LOL
    • $100 for a $3,500 stock is peanuts.
    • Would you be posting that if a $350 stock was up $10 after earnings? Or a $35 stock up $1?

#24     Apr 29, 2021
    Tradex likes this.
  5. S2007S

S2007S

What I'm posting is that Amazon doesn't usually move more than 50 bucks on any normal trading day so a $150 dollar move in Amazon's stock is quite a show,, happens less than 10% of the time in a single trading year

#25     Apr 29, 2021

6. Earnings

#26     Apr 29, 2021
  7. Overnight

Overnight

Well, the real test will be tomorrow's RTH. Do you smell a "fill the gap" scenario happening? I do.

In the NDX, a rising tide lifts all yachts. The skiffs get left by the wayside. Some crazy stuff has been happening with the spread between NDX and NAZ over the past few months.

Hell, just in the past few trading days they were equal. Now the NAS is like 130 points over the NDX.

Funny stuffs.

#27     Apr 29, 2021
  8. Higher prices=Distribution
    Lower prices=Accumulation
    That's how markets worked for centuries.
    Yes, markets can continue trending up for long periods of time. Let's see what happens.

#28     Apr 29, 2021
  9. I don't care if MNQ has topped or not. There will always be a dip and a correction just about every day. When it pierces the lower Bollinger twice and then starts making a green candle, I pay attention. I go in with a single contract and if it goes lower, I buy another and another if it still goes lower. If a candle goes two corners deep below the line, I sell and take the loss, it isn't ready yet. I like to end up with 5 to 7 contracts for the ride up, and sell a couple at resistance, hold the rest for a bit and see if it breaks out, and if not, try to get out while I am still ahead. Last few days I have made some bad entries and it has cost me, but the charts, the glorious charts, they are my Lucy Van Pelt, and MNQ is the football. Some day, POW! Right through the goalposts with a 300 point move. It will happen some day. Meanwhile it's Come on, Charlie Brown, kick the football! I promise not to snatch it away from you this time! Really, I mean it! Would this face lie to you???

I do think there will be a higher high or two. Looking for continued gains through the summer. Hold that football, Lucy! Here I come!

Honestly I like it better when there is some headroom between current price and the previous record high.

#29     Apr 29, 2021
    birdman likes this.
  10. Overnight

Overnight

You sneaky jerk. You tempted me into the zone I cannot resist.

#30     Apr 29, 2021
    GrowleyMonster likes this.