Nasdaq cycles.

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Walther, Oct 13, 2005.

1. cnms2

cnms2

Walther,
    What theory are you basing your cycle analysis on? Where could I find something about it to read? Thanks.

#21     Nov 11, 2005
  2. I have my own methods, basic math and some complicated geometry.
    Watch for important( tradable) price level to be established around 13:20est today and around noon tomorrow.

#22     Nov 14, 2005
  3. We had a daily high at 12:15est as predicted one day ahead. There is something about these cycles.

#23     Nov 15, 2005
  4. THERUDEBOY

THERUDEBOY Guest

Has the Nas got anything left? If it has it won't be much. It's looking ripe for big downtrend. Get your shorts on!

#24     Nov 15, 2005
  5. walther

I know someone who posts elsewhere about cycles
    and "change of direction" points etc but he usually
    gives a few days either way and even if he is right more often than not ... is hard for me to think a short term trader could follow his signals

if your #'s short term or time of day turning points
    do work more often than not ... perhaps filtering them with other short term indicators might
    give you an edge that others do not have

good luck ...

:)

#25     Nov 15, 2005
  6. cnms2

cnms2

Amazing! :) Could you post a picture showing how to draw trendlines through these points? Also, you mentioned using some complicated geometry, could you be more specific? Is it completely your discovery or you developed it from another source?

#26     Nov 15, 2005
  7. You might be right, but i really do not care that much where it will go I know when it will , most likely, turn and do not worry about direction too much.

#27     Nov 17, 2005
  8. You are right, I use dailies just for a rough idea of a magnitude of a turn, then go to lower timeframes.

I have already developed bunch of confirming methods.
    Thanks.

#28     Nov 17, 2005
  9. Just draw horizontal trendlines at the price extreme closest to posted time.
    As far as geometry goes it is my original use of geometry to time turning points and set useful price levels.
    What is great about geometric method is that one can use it on any volatile market without adjusting anything which is a major problem with numerical systems.

#29     Nov 17, 2005
  10. Walther, congratulations. Your 1618 post! :)

#30     Nov 17, 2005