Nasdaq 100 (ND)

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Alex44, Apr 20, 2001.

1. Alex44

Alex44

Hi,

I am currently trading the E-Mini Nasdaq 100 (NQ) with IB.
    I would like to trade the Nasdaq 100 (ND) but IB does not offer it.

Do you know of a broker (similar to IB with low commissions) offering the ND?

Thanks in advance!
    Alex44

2. WarEagle

WarEagle Moderator

Alex,

I had a broker from Jack Carl futures contact me to switch from IB and offered $3/side, but that was for the e-mini. I would imagine its a little more for the full contract, but you can trade it with them. They have a nice looking interface with features similar to IB, however I have never traded with them, so I can't say for sure how it will compare in terms of fill speed. There is a demo at their site ( http://www.jackcarl.com ). One thing to remember though is that the full contract is not electronic, so your fills will be a little slower.

Make sure whoever you talk to that you mention what you are paying with IB. They won't offer anything that low if they don't have to. IB has the lowest published commissions that I've found.

Kirk

3. def

def Sponsor

alex,
    The reason IB doesn't offer the ND contract is because it is open outcry. Keep in mind if you are thinking about trading small sizes (1 & 2 lots) I believe you will have a difficult time getting a decent and fast fill in the pits. At least this is the experience I've found in the S&P pits where executing a 10 lot is much easier than a 1 lot. Thus your success in trading the NQ's may not translate well in open outcry.