NASD on the NYSE trading help

Discussion in 'Trading' started by mcelitetrader, Nov 29, 2006.

1. mcelitetrader

mcelitetrader ET Sponsor

My question to you bateman....if you are pushing so much cash...and you have x number of cars.....and you are great....and blah blah blah...how can you sit and keep up with the goings on of elitetrader......

That being said....I'm blocking you because I find your comments useless and annoying.....

#11     Nov 29, 2006
  2. You can try using arca, but you might not get an immediate fill if any. By the time arca gets to nasd, the quote may be gone. I don't know of any other way. If your trading nyse, it is always best to use arca as Patrick said. It has the most nyse liquidity.

Keep in mind that nasd also shows a lot of fake orders. It shows size and when you start hitting it, it is removed. I don't know if anyone noticed, but this happens all day long. It seems like the perfect venue for fake orders. Plus, I don't think nasd matters that much. Arca is always there. I only trade with arca and nyse. Everything else is noise to me.

#12     Nov 29, 2006
  3. BSAM

BSAM

Damn, Patrick. Give the guy a break! He's asking sincere/reasonable questions here. If you can help him, do so. If not, let it go man.

#13     Nov 29, 2006
  4. mrmoose

mrmoose

so let me understand this, if i put an offer above the market on arca (which is something I do alot of) i will either be filled immediately or put on the book. If It is put on the book will I still get my liquidly rebate?

#14     Nov 29, 2006
  5. Trading is not a Monopoly game with fake money... it is all very real... I just do not understand why you are trading and do not understand execution... I would have approached this differently if you were completely new and have never traded with real money... As for me... I am a Institutional Equity Trader for a large shop... I mean guys like you make me laugh... There are some very "real" traders on ET... that I respect... also some new traders who I respect... you do not fall in either category...

#15     Nov 29, 2006