Nasa to make new major announcement about discovery on Mars

Discussion in 'Politics' started by aphexcoil, Mar 22, 2004.

1. #11     Mar 22, 2004
  2. if evidence of life is found on mars, some religious idiots will probably protest outside NASA and demand they be shut down. as in the "contact" book/movie.

#12     Mar 22, 2004
  3. most likely, god exists only inside your mind (depending on your definition).

#13     Mar 22, 2004
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

OK, I know I shouldn't be asking this but screw it, I can't resist. What does God have to do with life on Mars? There, I asked it.

#14     Mar 22, 2004
  5. Gotta agree with brother Mav.:D :D :D
    It's nice to see few threads with no religious or political debates. :) Not that is anything wrong with all the friendly chat, fights and mudslinging in politics/religion threads...:D :D :D

#15     Mar 22, 2004
  6. A lot of fundamentalists would probably have to re-evaluate their belief system in terms of Genesis, etc. I believe some religions are centered around the fact that Earth is the center of the universe in terms of life, and that we are the only planet that contains life.

I'm not saying that this is what I believe, but I'm sure there are many people who do believe this.

It will also open up other questions, such as what type of lifeform is it? Does it contain DNA? Can we get a sample of it? Does it match any life here on Earth? Etc ...

#16     Mar 22, 2004
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

Whoa Nelly! I never heard that before. Earth is the center of the universe? What religon says that? I don't think life on Mars has any bearing on any religon as far as I know. I could be wrong.

#17     Mar 22, 2004
  8. does anyone know, for sure, a common religion says that the sun revolves around the earth? as you might guess, i don't waste my time reading bibles, etc.

#18     Mar 22, 2004
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

I've never heard that in my entire life. In fact I have never heard religon ever mention anything about space except scientology.

#19     Mar 22, 2004
  10. #20     Mar 22, 2004