NASA: Aliens May Destroy Humans Over Global Warming

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Aug 18, 2011.

1. pspr

pspr

This borders on the hysterical. Having lost the climate change argument with their manipulated data, NASA scientists are actually suggesting that an alien life force may decide to destroy humans because we are ruining our ecosystems, particularly the atmosphere. First, one would have to agree that humans are destroying the atmosphere, which is not true. But, that aside, don't hurt yourself laughing at these buffoons:

It may not rank as the most compelling reason to curb greenhouse gases, but reducing our emissions might just save humanity from a pre-emptive alien attack, scientists claim.

Watching from afar, extraterrestrial beings might view changes in Earth's atmosphere as symptomatic of a civilisation growing out of control – and take drastic action to keep us from becoming a more serious threat, the researchers explain.

"Green" aliens might object to the environmental damage humans have caused on Earth and wipe us out to save the planet. "These scenarios give us reason to limit our growth and reduce our impact on global ecosystems. It would be particularly important for us to limit our emissions of greenhouse gases, since atmospheric composition can be observed from other planets," the authors write.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2011/aug/18/aliens-destroy-humanity-protect-civilisations

2. Wow. First Krugman and now this.

Desperation time.

3. Lucrum

Lucrum

Let me guess, to nip this in the bud we need to -- tax the rich?

:D

4. Illum

Illum

Reptilians like it hotter

5. Lucrum

Lucrum

I see it as a choice between bikinis or parkas.

6. pspr

pspr

I just hope the Klingons aren's already circling Uranus. :D

7. No telling how much we spend on stupid stuff like this.

8. Lucrum

Lucrum

More than we can afford that's for sure.

:D

9. 377OHMS

377OHMS

I feel sorry for the serious scientists and engineers at NASA who have had their livelihood destroyed on a political whim.

These people took man to the moon.

Now they are made to shill for the liberals and conduct Arab outreach programs.

Such ignominy.

10. JamesL

JamesL

Maybe its a good thing NASA is getting defunded

#10     Aug 19, 2011