NASA: Al Gore, It's The Sun Stupid!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Jun 4, 2009.

1. pspr

pspr

A study from NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Maryland looking at climate data over the past century has concluded that solar variation has made a significant impact on the Earth's climate. The report concludes that evidence for climate changes based on solar radiation can be traced back as far as the Industrial Revolution.

More:
    http://www.dailytech.com/NASA+Study...Responsible+for+Past+Warming/article15310.htm

2. Interesting. I would like to read more about this study.

3. WOW.....it took a N A S A report to point this out.........LOLOLOLOLOL!!!

NAH....REALLY.....the SUN makes a difference in our climate???????? FRICKEN HILARIOUS because it is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OBVIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:p :eek: :p :eek: :p :eek: :p :eek:

4. Go, NASA, go! I love the way the tree huggers have closed the debate because they know all the answers. In some circles, if you want to have an open discussion on global warming, people will look at you like you're some kind of leper or smoking a cigarette.

5. Oh no. Now Al Gore is going to want to tax the crap out of us so he build some kind of sun shield. And he will want to call it the Gore Sun Stopper or something stupid.

6. Its already been done.

[​IMG]

7. Tresor

Tresor

Hi Guys,

In this thread http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=165157 I suggested you do a small physics experiment:

- pour water water into a glass (half of glass);
    - add a few rocks of ice in the water;
    - then pour another portion of water into the glass (the whole glass will be full).

Now watch for a few minutes as the ice changes into water. What you will see is that the level of water in your glass did not raise (no single water drop fell of the glass).

This little physics experiment proves that a diminishing of the ice from the Earth will NOT cause the see level to go up by even 1 centimeter.

The whole CO2 emmission programme to protect the Earth from being flooded is a scam.

Even if all the Arctic ice turns into water, this will not cause the see / ocean level to increase by one milimeter. The ice has greater volume than water.

Regards

P.S. Can anyone can briefly describe (a link will do) how this all CO2 right emission trading will work and where is the money for Al Gore and corporations?

8. Isn't the ice you refer to above sea level? Therefore, wouldn't your ice-in-a-glass experiment require that the ice added to the water go above and beyond the brim of the glass?

9. jem

jem

while I do not know how much effect humans have on climate change...

I do know that if if I have a full glass of water and full glass of ice and I let the glass of ice melt... when I pour that melted ice waters into the glass of water I will make a mess in my wife's kitchen.

My three little little kids will laugh and my wife will yell at me unless she is in a really good mood.

I may have to try this is a few hours.

#10     Jun 4, 2009