Narrowest spread instruments for trading

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by shovel52, Oct 4, 2019.

1. shovel52

shovel52

Thanks, I found what I was looking for, if you right click on the chart, it gives you a window that allows you to enter a limit order at the current price, and then you just drag the window to what ever price you want to modify the order
    and you get the next available fill.. way faster than the create new order window..and makes it easy to chase price if you want to..really nice thing to find , especially after all the cursing..

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    #31     Oct 6, 2019
  2. minmike

minmike

I have traded futures since 2005. I have never seen a pro use a exchange supported stop. Ever. I have never used a market order. I don't belive my front end supports them.

Please keep using stop market orders. I love when they execute.

#32     Oct 6, 2019
  3. shovel52

shovel52

5 wins and 1 small loss tonight 10/6 on the MES. Price started flowing simi nicely around 7.00
    This drag and drop order entry feature on Trading view rocks..Technology has progressed quite a bit since the 90's.. think I will practice "paper" for another week and then start stressing out next week..

#33     Oct 6, 2019
  4. %%
    8:30 is one of the worst times to trade/invest;
    unless one meant to get out @ the close of yesterday...........LOL . SPY is the liquidity leader; for me i prefer dividends or 200 dma to picking up pennies on Wall Street. I will pick up a penny on main street.

#34     Oct 9, 2019