Narcissism

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Buy1Sell2, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

For example, there is a trader here posting across multiple venues and stating things that could not have happened. When called on it, they obfuscate and misdirect. They then begin finding fault with dissenters to throw the attention off of themselves.

#11     Jan 24, 2016
    dartmus and Spooz Top 2 like this.
  2. They are not traders they are gamblers -when vanity motivates a person they are lost and will soon be back at their job in Starbucks

#12     Jan 25, 2016
    dartmus and londonkid like this.
  3. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Classic Narcissism

#13     Jan 27, 2016
    Diamond Top and dartmus like this.
  4. bone

bone

Well, let's drill down a bit on this. IMHO, if a psyche requires affirmation that he's right and the market is wrong - that's not a good place to be in the sense that the person will likely not believe what the market is telling him in terms of accepted valuation. Likewise, if a personality requires absolutes, trading is the LAST business you want to be involved with. I can't think of a business with fewer absolutes or givens.

#14     Jan 27, 2016
    dartmus and Buy1Sell2 like this.
  5. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

CORRECT

#15     Jan 28, 2016
    dartmus likes this.
  6. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

I wanted to wait a week and give a report of the Mighty "Balls" accuracy for that week. Of the 10 forecasts( 5 morning, 5 afternoon) the "BALL" made last week Feb. 12-16, I am pleased to report that in my humble and honest opinion that the "Ball" nailed all ten calls. Any other "Ball" followers here I'm sure will agree. The previous two weeks you mention were full of scheduled and unscheduled breaking news market events. The guidelines for trading the "Ball" clearly warn against trading in front of even moderately important scheduled economic reports.
    Such unknown events in all fairness should be factored in when evaluating the accuracy of an indicator which is often updated before that data is released. FWIW the "Ball's" reading is often neutral in front of such data .

Rennick out :cool:

----Narcissism at a high level.----

#16     Jan 28, 2016
  7. cornix

cornix

Not just trading. That's certainly a distorted reality perception, which can't lead to anything good.

#17     Jan 31, 2016
    dartmus likes this.
  8. romik

romik

marriage-relationships-husband-wife-argue-argument-make_up-jfa2161_low.jpg

#18     Mar 3, 2016
    Buy1Sell2, dartmus and bone like this.
  9. bone

bone

This isn't Narcissism per se, but I have seen traders literally freeze up with fear and anxiety as they ride a stinker. Maybe something closer to Narcissism that I've seen is the attitude that " it's not a loser unit I take it" (which certainly is at the very least Delusional).

#19     Mar 3, 2016
    Handle123 and dartmus like this.
  10. Handle123

Handle123

Sounds like all those running for President?

#20     Mar 12, 2016