Narcissism

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Buy1Sell2, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

------and successful trading. They don't mix.

romik, dartmus and londonkid like this.
  2. sprstpd

sprstpd

By the title, I assumed this thread was about Cramer. My bad.

Spooz Top 2, Buy1Sell2 and Stewie like this.
  3. Having strong and true conviction and sticking to it can be rewarding. -- I'm not sure if that's called confidence and/or narcissism to some extent. :confused:

Buy1Sell2 likes this.
  4. Cswim63

Cswim63

My reflection in the mirror isn't me, and my belief about the market isn't the market.

Buy1Sell2 likes this.
  5. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Classic Narcissism includes delusions of grandeur. I believe that this can manifest itself as "I'm right and I'll hold this position until I destroy myself". The narcissistic personailty is drawn to trading.

romik and dartmus like this.
  6. Takes a bit of narcissism to believe you can beat the market professionals at there own game doesn't it? take food out there mouths?:D

on the other hand, maybe you guys are professionals??

dartmus and Buy1Sell2 like this.
  7. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Another manifestation of the delusion of grandeur aspect of narcissism, shows itself in the posting of events (trades) designed to prop oneself up in the eyes of others. In addition, these types of individuals will attempt to get the most recognition from others by making outlandish claims that will be crafted, sometimes with intentionally erroneous "facts", in order to generate dissension with and attention to, themselves.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
    ktm, romik and dartmus like this.
  8. romik

romik

This will touch a nerve with quite a few :)

dartmus and Buy1Sell2 like this.
  9. I think trading is the reverse of narcissism-the market will kick your butt and make you look silly- a narcissus would not risk that. I've been a narcissistic rock muso and life beat that out of me.

10. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

You are correct that narcissism and successful trading are at polar opposites, however your statement about risk is incorrect. Narcissists take huge risks and that is one of the major reasons that they are not suited to trading.

#10     Jan 23, 2016
    dartmus and Cswim63 like this.