Napoleon Hill - Think and Grow Rich

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by DallasCowboysFan, Aug 23, 2019.

1. There is a late night radio show called Coast to Coast AM that is profiling Napoleon Hill. It will be interesting to hear what they have to say about him and his book.

Assuming I don't fall asleep first.

The show broadcasts at Midnight Central Time.

---

Well-known voice of occult and esoteric ideas, and PEN Award-winning historian, Mitch Horowitz joins Ian Punnett (Twitter) to discuss the secrets encoded by author Napoleon Hill in his influential and bestselling book Think and Grow Rich, as well as the four most powerful steps, including the intriguing and widely misunderstood question of "sex transmutation." Followed by Open Lines in the latter half.

-----

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/

2. Overnight

Overnight

I think you are confusing this show with "Coast to Coast" with Neil Cavuto?

The show you be speaking of is like the Alex Jones of conspiracy theories, But the supernatural. UFOs and shit. Don't get me wrong, it is great fodder for late-night driving. But it is also very silly.

3. Coast to Coast AM is Bigfoot and Aliens

4. Great memories of exactly this.

5. Edmond

Edmond

You should read Napoleon Hills book "Interview with the devil" it's a hoot.

vanzandt and Nobert like this.
  6. Nobert

Nobert

Outwitting the Devil*

Peter8519 likes this.
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

Hehe, I have just heard about this guy on Behind the Bastards podcast. Check the episodes about him out. The Grifter Who Invented the Secret.

https://www.behindthebastards.com/p...fter-who-invented-the-secret-donald-trump.htm

"Hill is, in modern times, a controversial figure. Alleged of fraud and kidnapping, modern historians also doubt many of his claims, such as that he met Andrew Carnegie and that he was an attorney. Gizmodo has called him "the most famous conman you've probably never heard of""

"Napoleon Hill claimed to have aided President Wilson negotiate Germany's surrender in World War I, but there is no known evidence. He claimed he helped F.D.R. write his fireside chats with no known evidence. He claimed to be an attorney although his official biography notes "there is no record of his having actually performed legal services for anyone." There are no known records of Hill interviewing the famous men he claimed to have interviewed, such as Charles M. Schwab, Theodore Roosevelt, John D. Rockefeller, Thomas A. Edison, Edwin C. Barnes, and Dr. Alexander Graham Bell."

https://paleofuture.gizmodo.com/the-untold-story-of-napoleon-hill-the-greatest-self-he-1789385645

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
    DallasCowboysFan likes this.
  8. Peter8519

Peter8519

Devil = Ego ?:wtf:
    It's hard to step outside of ourselves and look from outside in. Really hard. :banghead:

MACD and Nobert like this.
  9. Peter8519

Peter8519

Reminiscences of a stock operator is a book worth reading as a beginner, and as experience trader. It gives a totally perspective as one gains experience in trading.:sneaky:

DallasCowboysFan likes this.
  10. Nobert

Nobert

I don't think the author ment ego. More about the temptations of life, that makes one into avarage Joe.
    Yet i agree about ego. It's hard. It takes humility, integrity & self awereness.

#10     Aug 24, 2019
    Peter8519 likes this.