Nancy Pelosi

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bugscoe, May 14, 2009.

1. Apparently some of you people have really short memories. I seem to recall the days when idiot ashcroft ordered a $5000 piece of cloth put on statue of justice to cover her naked breasts (that degenerate could not appreciate art). W's reign will be remembered as "the dark age". Pelosi>Hastert in all respects. She has flaws and she is far from a saint. But american politics is about choosing the lesser of 2 evils. Between douchebag Boehner or Pelosi I would take Pelosi EVERY TIME.

For all her flaws, pelosi is not a rubber stamp for Obama the way Hastert was for W. I want her to survive if nothing else because she has proven to be a better leader than gephardt and we need congressional democrats to not be rubber stamps for the president of their party(we are not republicans after all)

#21     May 15, 2009
  2. wjk

wjk

The country was insane and irrational because we were attacked. That doesn't work for political cover. Nancy would have been better off to say she was for it before she was against it, but I guess that would make it difficult to prosecute or destroy the careers of people from a previous administration, wouldn't it? Do you think the people that kept you safe think it is much ado about nothing? Give me a break. She's become tangled in her own web.

#22     May 15, 2009
  3. Of course it worked for political cover. That is why W's ratings went into stratosphere and republicans padded their numbers in congress in 2002&2004. All because they said "they were going to be tougher on terrorists".

W' had no business being in office. His approval ratings when he left office (around 30%) should have been twice the number of people who voted for him. In essence, 30% approval reflected his true intrinsic value as a leader (zero) better than 90+%

2001-2002 and perhaps even into 2004 reflected the time that was about SURVIVAL for democrats. Had Iraq War and then Katrina(and finally economic collapse) not destroyed bush's teflon armor, democrats would be on the verge of extinction not republicans.

#23     May 15, 2009
  4. wjk

wjk

I can't really disagree with this part of your post, but I would add:

Had the republicans not tried to spend like democrats...

#24     May 15, 2009
  5. I don't know if she was lying or not but who in their right mind would believe anything that comes out of the CIA. After all they were even accused of lying to Barry Goldwater according to MSNBC this morning.

Its like saying," Well, they are a bunch of sociopaths who kill on command but they would never tell a lie".

This thread is mostly nothing but a lot to psychobabble from a bunch of sore losers.
    Thankfully, most of you are now on my ignore list. :D

#25     May 15, 2009
  6. wjk

wjk

I feel that way about politicians.

#26     May 15, 2009
  7. If the point is who can tell the bigger lie, or who is lying consider this. What are the motives and special interests of the CIA vs Pelosi?

#27     May 15, 2009
  8. I have a theory about why Pelosi is getting thrown under the bus. Clearly, she is a victim of the Republican attack machine, even Newt is in the game saying in an interview:

"I think that the House has an absolute obligation to open an inquiry, and I hope there will be a resolution to investigate her. And I think this is a big deal. I don't think the speaker of the House can lie to the country on national security matters," the Republican leader said in an interview with ABC Radio.

And Steny Hoyer on the house floor pretty much refused to come to her aid in an exchange between he and Minority Whip Eric Cantor (R-Va.) :

Rep. Cantor: “I share with the gentleman the notion we need to follow the law. But if there is somehow a belief, and I'd ask the gentleman whether he shares this belief, that somehow the CIA or others have intentionally misled this body, because that seems to be some concern that has been raised today? And I yield.”

House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer: “I have no idea of that, don't have a belief of that nature because I have no basis on which to base such a belief. And I certainly hope that's not the case. I don't draw that conclusion"

Maybe the Dems want rid of her too???

Seneca

#28     May 15, 2009
  9. Newt: Venom coming from an ass that had to leave congress under a cloud of suspicion.:D

#29     May 15, 2009
  10. certain politicians are doing way more harm to the union than the CIA on it's worst day.

#30     May 15, 2009