NAncy pelosi thinks rising gasoline price is due to speculators

Discussion in 'Politics' started by staffpro, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Brass

Brass

Oh, so you want to tighten the money supply right now, eh?

I was never a fan of Greenspan, or Bernanke for that matter, after he assumed the position in 2006. I though they pandered to the markets and reduced rates whenever anyone sneezed. But that was before the economic crisis of 2008 (to which the loose money contributed). However, when the economy was on the precipice of a crisis unlike any seen in generations, well, then was the time for loose money. And the economy, while improving, is still not quite where it needs to be.

Now let us consider. You want to tighten the money supply right now, even though it is an essential component of a delicate economic recovery presently underway. Meanwhile, you don't want to raise taxes on the rich because it could hurt the economy? That would be like talking out of both sides of your mouth, wouldn't it?

#51     Feb 24, 2012
  2. rew

rew

Speculators are holding oil because they are betting on a war with Iran. If that war happens, it will be a very good thing that speculators did that because they will then sell their oil -- at a high price, but better than having no oil at all. (In other words, without speculators oil would be cheaper now but after a war starts the price will spike up even more than if there were no speculators.) If there is no war then the speculators bet wrong and will lose money, as they should.

It amazes me how many people post here at "elite trader" and don't recognize the legitimate social purpose of speculation.

Now why is everybody worried about a war with Iran? Because of the politicians here in American pretty much promising such a war. And Nancy Pelosi is no better on that issue than the Republicans.

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article20081.htm

#52     Feb 24, 2012
  3. Yet all the experts say it partly due to speculation. So she's not wrong. I don't know why some here seem to overlook this basic point. Why is that?

#53     Feb 24, 2012
  4. Ricter

Ricter

Because speculation can't be blamed on Obama.

#54     Feb 24, 2012
  5. Ricter

Ricter

Guns don't kill people, people kill people, right?

#55     Feb 24, 2012
  6. ==========
    Foo-Trend
    I think you know more about co... spreads than me.
    But that statement of yours which is a title of the mag article, frankly seems to be a''rabbit trail'':D to deflect attention from specs.

Seen a gas chart/trend in euros??, specs there/jackin it up also. I spec in plenty of stuff also ;
    but even a stopped clock like Nancy is right 2 times per day.LOL

Bless the bears in gasoline [[ a countertrend statement.:cool:]]

#56     Feb 25, 2012

7. Bingo !

#57     Feb 25, 2012
  8. I agree also, "speculators" are a third person boogeyman.

#58     Feb 25, 2012
  9. rew

rew

Right. No gun ever stood on its hind legs and killed somebody.

#59     Feb 25, 2012
  10. Some guns are so smart they know how to pull their own triggers. Those are the ones you really have to watch for.

#60     Feb 25, 2012