NAncy pelosi thinks rising gasoline price is due to speculators

Discussion in 'Politics' started by staffpro, Feb 23, 2012.

1. \
    ==================
    As if GS is an unbiased player:D Soundc like Reuters is right;
    read a geoligist said the same....................................And was that a half a Billion dollar[fraud fine] GS recently paid????

Speculators & consumers.I just bought some myself:D Not a spec in gasoline @ this time.

Well i stand corrected ;
    GS paid a $550 milliion fraud fine,SEC suit......................:cool:[Source NYT,July 15,2010/GOOG]

#21     Feb 23, 2012
  2. We need more oil than can be extracted cheaply.

That is the start, middle and end of the story.

Everything else is noise.

#22     Feb 23, 2012
  3. Correct. Food prices are also up because the printing, devaluation of the $ .

#23     Feb 23, 2012
  4. cfu

cfu

If you look at the $DXY, it is higher now than it was 1 year ago. Yet commodity prices, like oil, are likewise rising so devaluation is not the case.

#24     Feb 23, 2012
  5. clacy

clacy

Relative to gold, crude is very inexpensive still, so I would argue that when virtually all Central Banks are keeping rates near zero, that the $DXY isn't that telling.

#25     Feb 23, 2012
  6. Take your aircraft carriers out of Mid-est, and the oil price will go back to 80.

You stupid Americans blame others for high oil price?

US military IS the reason of high oil price.

#26     Feb 23, 2012
  7. 377OHMS

377OHMS

+1

She seems to delight in screwing America over too.

I would pay 10.00 per gallon if it meant getting rid of Obama, Reid and Pelosi as well. Worth every penny.

#27     Feb 23, 2012
  8. pspr

pspr

You have to understand how the pea little brains of liberals like Pelosi think.

Fist they determine if the news is good or bad for liberals.

Second, if they determine it is bad, then they need to find someone else to blame it on.

Third, few people understand how speculation may or may not effect price and since business represents the Republicans, speculators are perfect scape goats to blame in this instance.

Fourth, they create a message blaming the scape goat and pass it around to all the liberals who can get media air/print time.

Fifth, in unison they all blabber the same false message and a certain number of people hear it from several sources and believe it must be true.

Without these mass produced lies liberals would have no power.

#28     Feb 23, 2012
  9. Ricter

Ricter

That's you, to a tee!

#29     Feb 23, 2012
  10. Exactly. When all central banks are on the same page, it's misleading to look to one currency and draw conclusions. A few members on here have opined that crude is perhaps the actual currency, perhaps followed closely by gold.

#30     Feb 23, 2012