Nancy Pelosi expected to arrive in Taiwan on Tuesday Evening

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by TheDawn, Aug 2, 2022.

1. VicBee

VicBee

Could be, but China like N. Korea are known to be incapable of modulating their message. Lack of international relations experience.
    One thing is for sure, the only way to address a bully is to challenge them. Pelosi move is both dramatic and the strongest signal yet that America will not cow tow to China.

#21     Aug 2, 2022
  2. smallfil

smallfil

Nancy Pelosi's plane has been flying erratically, before it finally, headed to Taiwan? I guess Nancy was nervous that the Chinese might actually, shoot down her plane? Not to worry. Chinese already scheduled live fire exercises in the South China Sea and I would guess they will fire a couple of real missiles the direction of Taiwan and Japan as they have done in the past?

#22     Aug 2, 2022
  3. TheDawn

TheDawn

Looks like ET is just as divided as Congress over this Taiwan shit. My take is China won't necessarily shoot her plane down but China will do something as a deterrent to show what they mean. They can't just let it pass and sit idly by without doing anything. Just like the US, there are military hardlines who are rallying troops as we speak right now to invade Taiwan. I won't be surprised that all military personnel in China are on some kind of "first alert" to be ready to go to war right now over Taiwan. They will have to do something to assert their "sovereignty" over Taiwan otherwise this visit would set a very dangerous precedent for the rest of the world. Very soon everybody would start to send their "high level" political leader to Taiwan and bit by bit Taiwan is going to get recognized, one thing lead to another, relationship first starting with trade relationship would be established, and etc. and etc. and China's "sovereignty" claim would gradually get diminished. When people get used to things, it's very hard to change and this is what China fears the most. China wants the world to remember Taiwan belongs to China and that's why it's forbidding all countries of ever having any contact with Taiwan and can't even mention Taiwan except as a province of China and if you inadvertently slip, this is what China expects you to do:

So Biden and Pelosi better brush up on their Chinese if they don't want to upset the Chinese.

#23     Aug 2, 2022
  4. TheDawn

TheDawn

Not too bad for an 80-year old too.

#24     Aug 2, 2022
    VicBee likes this.
  5. TheDawn

TheDawn

I posted this thread in the "Wall Street News" category to discuss the impact on the assets market this event would bring, the potential increase in volatility and etc.

Not my problem if everyone else wants to talk about the political side of it.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2022
    #25     Aug 2, 2022
  6. VicBee

VicBee

They don't give two shits what China says and that's why Pelosi is in Taiwan to let it be clear.

Taiwan doesn't belong to China. They forfeited that right when the communists stopped short of invading the island. Taiwan could reunite with China but that's not for China to decide and the people of Taiwan have spoken in multiple free and fair elections, something the communist party knows nothing about or they too would be booted out of government.

#26     Aug 2, 2022
    TheDawn likes this.
  7. TheDawn

TheDawn

Big money is definitely involved. This event should bring up a lot more volatility but there was only a bit of increase in volatility in the futures market overnight last night and it got quelled during the day today. I imagine it would and could be the same thing today. Big money is definitely propping the market up. It's been doing it for a long time to not let the market fall too much with all those interest rate increases.

#27     Aug 2, 2022
  8. TheDawn

TheDawn

Let's see what China does next. It would be something for sure. The ball is now totally in China's court.

#28     Aug 2, 2022
    VicBee likes this.
  9. TheDawn

TheDawn

Yup I knew it. China is definitely do something.

Soon after Pelosi's arrival, China announced a series of military operations and drills, which followed promises of "resolute and strong measures" if Pelosi went through with her visit.

'Solemn deterrent'
    The People's Liberation Army said the manoeuvres would take place starting Tuesday night in the waters and skies near Taiwan and include the firing of long-range ammunition in the Taiwan Strait.

"This action is a solemn deterrent against the recent major escalation of the negative actions of the United States on the Taiwan issue, and a serious warning to the 'Taiwan independence' forces seeking 'independence.'"

Taiwan's Defence Ministry said early Wednesday that China had sent 21 planes flying toward Taiwan, 18 of them fighter jets. The rest included an early warning plane and an electronic warfare plane.

China's official Xinhua News said the army planned to conduct live-fire drills from Thursday through Sunday across multiple locations. In an image the news agency released, the drills were to take place in six different areas in the waters surrounding Taiwan.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/pelosi-taiwan-china-us-1.6538434

Let's see if that's it or there is more...

Last edited: Aug 2, 2022
    #29     Aug 2, 2022
  10. I just hope her crystal-ball doesn't get damaged. That thing is better than Buffett, Dalio, and Soros combined. Would be a shame to lose it.

#30     Aug 2, 2022