Name our profession

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by pedrito, Jun 13, 2010.

1. subban

subban

If its a woman you are trying to impress, just tell here you make a lot of money, I doubt she cares what you really do.

#11     Jun 23, 2010
  2. Kap

Kap

:

:D , see above.

#12     Jun 23, 2010
  3. If you don't want to say you're a trader, say something like "investment manager". If you want to be really obscure you can just say you are a "liquidity provider". :)

#13     Jun 23, 2010
  4. NoDoji

NoDoji

I always enjoy a good horror story, so whenever someone asks how I make a living I tell them I'm a day trader and not only does everyone kind of know that that is, they all have a great horror story about their friend/spouse/uncle/cousin, etc. was day trader and lost everything.

Somehow these stories always involve leverage to the hilt...

#14     Jun 23, 2010
  5. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

"I buy and sell commodities"

#15     Jun 24, 2010

6. brilliant

#16     Jun 24, 2010
  7. FarkCop

FarkCop

How about freelance independent trader

#17     Jun 24, 2010
  8. FXSnipe

FXSnipe

Money Maker

#18     Jun 24, 2010
  9. A money man. A man who knows what money is and is not. A man who is specialized in extracting money from other people. Who exploits the inefficiencies that others create. There is no morality in my profession. I use every legal means possible.

#19     Jun 24, 2010
  10. zdreg

zdreg

Most people who do not trade, have no idea what trading is about (although they think they do)

Most people who do trade, have no idea what trading is about (although they think they do):)

#20     Jun 24, 2010