Name of reversal chart pattern?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by crimony, Mar 6, 2006.

  1. crimony


    Anyone know the name of the reversal pattern when a stock traces out a low, rises and then retraces about 50% of the rise and then moves higher? Thanks
  2. Ebo


    Maybe be a Fibonacci Retracement?
  3. Sure glad to help.

    it is called exactly as you described it.............anything else.............:D
  4. I don't even know if that is a reversal pattern but what difference does it make what you call it? You trying to find additional info on it or what?
  5. If one were following Elliott Wave theory, what you describe may be Wave 0 to 1 to 2-50% now in W3.
  6. It could also just be an "A-B-C correction". Be very careful not to get too bullish and mistake the "C" wave for a "3" wave.
  7. crimony


    I'd like to know the name so I can study the attributes. I have temporarily dubbed it a half double bottom.
  8. nkhoi

    nkhoi Moderator

    sound like reverse gartley or crab pattern

    look up Scott Carney, Larry Pesavento for more info.
  9. Is abc different from xyz? How about abcd?
  10. Please allow me....its an ascending triangle.:D
    #10     Mar 7, 2006