Naked Short Selling

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by flytiger, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Why does it bother you that someone did his homework well enough to know that $45 was a ridiculous price for a company?
    Doesn't he have the same chance of being wrong as anyone else?

Of course there would be a squeeze, if the company was actually worth more than what it is trading at. The armies of funds will spot the free money in real time right in their spreadsheets.

The tiny number of shortsellers cannot compete with legions of institional funds.

#11     Mar 31, 2007
  2. you are showing yourself as a paid basher.
    Trust me once more. Not a good time for you, or your ilk. It's over.

#12     Mar 31, 2007

3. What's wrong tiger, did Nurse Ratchet they take away your t.v. privileges tonight? I'll give you one thing tiger, you are good for an earnest laugh here at Elite Trader.

I know it's difficult for you to counter rational arguments. That's ok, I wont press you... run along now.

#13     Mar 31, 2007
  4. "you are showing yourself as a paid basher"

Classic Byrne.

#14     Mar 31, 2007
  5. ElatedMaverick

Firstly, may I point out that you never actualy seem elated? Has anyone ever told you that before? Secondly, hubris, your cardinal trait, does not distinguish you as a maverick. You don't even look like that guy in the movie.

Lastly, are you attempting to say something? Because if you are, you never seem to get to your point. You challenge people to invisible duels, make hamfisted comments absent of anything other than hyperbole and in general, come off as kind of crazed. Are you in jail? Is that what your problem is? Or are you just inarticulate, ill-informed and in love with your own invisible manhood?

If you try to come after me with one of your invisible knives, I'm going to have to call the invisible police. Just don't say later you weren't warned.

#15     Mar 31, 2007
  6. Greetings. I don't believe we have met. Oddly enough, your recent posted contribution to this thread was all about me. I recommend that you pay better attention to context; nothing comes from me that is less than civil which is unprovoked.

Why don't you put your argments foward related to the subject at had, or be a bigger man than tiger and tell me what I've said that you disagree with and why.

#16     Apr 1, 2007
  7. The US problem with naked shorting is related to dysfunctional clearing and a lack of consequence for the Broker/Dealer who fails to deliver on settlement date. It's quite easy to remedy, and could be done in many ways - the whole thing is quite amazing really.

#17     Apr 1, 2007
  8. of course, in the US you can get away with murder if you have enough money... naked shorts are just a symptom of a much bigger problem.

#18     Apr 1, 2007
  9. Very good comments. you don't know how correct you are, but you will in a week.

Patrick's new interview:

http://www.financialsense.com/Experts/2007/Byrne.html

Listen very closely when he says "he has people". This guy has done the legwork. I remember 18 months ago, when he bought 8mm worth of OSTK and couldn't get delivery. His broker told him "there isn't any available", after the trade settled and he paid the money. He's come a long way.

In the 35 minute marker, he talks about "selling unregistered securities" and the criminal aspects of the '34 act.

#19     Apr 1, 2007
  10. wow... it is a big problem, they've invented fiat stock, I've always thought of fiat money as the Aquila's heel of capital markets...but this is even worse... they're setting up a scenario where massive monetary contraction can occur within the fiat money system... I'm going to need popcorn...

#20     Apr 1, 2007