Naked Chart Based Trading PRM style "LESS IS MORE"

Discussion in 'Journals' started by JSSPMK, Dec 5, 2016.

1. algofy

algofy

Nobody wins sports betting long term, hate to say it but you are fooling yourself mate.

#41     Dec 21, 2016
  2. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

And which article did you reference for this?

Long.

[​IMG]

#42     Dec 21, 2016
  3. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

Over 5/1 PRM? Oh yes!

[​IMG]

#43     Dec 21, 2016
  4. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

Busted

#44     Dec 21, 2016
  5. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

Screen Shot 2016-12-22 at 05.24.16.png

#45     Dec 22, 2016
  6. algofy

algofy

If you think you need an article to show that gambling has no long term edge....well good luck to you. Gamblers anon is a great resource.

#46     Dec 22, 2016
  7. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

In which case I must assume you believe trading to also be gambling. There is a very long thread on ET whether trading, which is effectively placing a bet on direction, is or isn't gambling. Gambling is basically taking a chance, it's mostly about luck, I don't ever bet solely based on luck, I involve stats, PRM, research and years of experience of either learning price action or following football leagues. Difference is huge between gambling and PRM based betting.

#47     Dec 22, 2016
  8. algofy

algofy

I personally believe trading can be gambling or not gambling depending on the person and method and sports betting to be 100% gambling. Do you have a long term track record of sports betting profitability? Always possible I'm wrong:)

#48     Dec 22, 2016
  9. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

A person that has been sports betting quite a few years (almost daily) and can't sustain at least a breakeven outcome is a complete tool, wouldn't you say so? I have made a post earlier on sort of giving away the basics of my sports betting strategy, it's all about psychology, stats and PRM. You always win & lose, you must make more when you win, how much more you ought to win vs lose (r/r ratio) depends on your projected win rate, which ought to be very very conservative.

My yesterday's accumulator lost on 1 team out of 9 picked to win. Could you correctly predict 8 out of 9 regularly?

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
    #49     Dec 22, 2016
  10. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

Another example of gambling in sports would be betting on your team, my team is Juventus, a clear leader in Italian football. Their record at home is awesome. Yet, I wouldn't back them pre-match, because odds are too low. There's a cup final tomorrow and as much as I'd want to back my team that I'm super confident in I will not back a single match at odds of 1.7. But I will back them if they concede a goal or perhaps 2 (unlikely) before they get a goal in, if this takes place bookies will start raising odds on Juventus to win, if odds are right I will then back them. PRM!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ian-Supercup-delayed-plane-didn-t-arrive.html

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
    #50     Dec 22, 2016