Najarian Brothers... having previously exited the options biz... back again?

Discussion in 'Options' started by Scataphagos, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Hawking their book once more. (It's a freebie if you pay P&H. Very basic.)

Wonder why they left? Not profitable?

Wonder why they would return??

2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

They left as market makers not as traders. No edge left for locals.

3. Do those guys even make money from trading or are their primary earnings from CNBC and selling their shit to newbies and dopes?

zenostiffler likes this.
  4. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Hard to tell unless there is a relationship to the length of your pony tail to earnings.

5. destriero

destriero

Dr J sold Mercury for something approaching $50MM. His brother pocketed $6MM from the deal, ostensibly Jon pocketing the rest. I was 22 at the time and working at HTC when Jon lost something like $4MM in Genentech short vol. I was in RealTick's office when another local in the office told me the story. He was laughing and stated that it happens too often with Dr J.

Mercury had some decent exposure and high-volume posts which led to overpaying for his operation, despite Jon almost bankrupting the company on various occasions.

Edit: It was pharma/biotech. Not certain of the ticker, but IIRC it was Genentech.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
    Clubber Lang likes this.
  6. Yeah, they're both kind of cheesy looking with their facial hair and pony tail(s), but I've read where they have net worth >$25MM, which ain't bad. (But so did Ron Popeil..who sold "spray-on hair in a can".)

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
  7. speedo

speedo

Jon took some pretty good hits to the head when he played linebacker for the Bears.

8. manonfire

manonfire

They make more money from talking their book on CNBC for two hours everyday.

Clubber Lang likes this.
  9. ajacobson

ajacobson

They sold their trading/mm firm to Citadel. It was too expensive from a technology standpoint to be their size back then.

10. FriskyCat

FriskyCat

His brother had a longer pro career. I don't think Jon lasted long on the Bears.

#10     Dec 18, 2018