Nailed a quant job at a hedge fund!

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Informed, Aug 30, 2009.

1. And after several months on a new job he was amazed he got, he took over for his boss and is ready to fire SEVERAL of these hard to get top-level Ph.D.'s

The putzes always expose themselves when people start asking serious questions. This is what he has on his desk, to remind himself of his role each day

[​IMG]

#61     Nov 11, 2009
  2. Informed

Informed

Long last working day of the year, I was planning to take vacation at Hawaii, but the top dog thinks I should spend some time at Dubai.

Imagine a beautiful attractive young lady standing at the tallest building of the world with golden performance (YTD > 100%) - that's me

#62     Nov 30, 2009
  3. Informed

Informed

Answer: The Ph.Ds and their financial models are the rotten fish in the can.

#63     Nov 30, 2009
  4. Informed

Informed

Performance! Performance! Performance! you stupid. Check long/short hedge fund index from WSJ, Barron. That's the Ph.D. work of this year and what did they work on for last few years? MBS, CDO...

BTW, don't attach your personal photo next time. People will recognize you in public...

#64     Nov 30, 2009
  5. I nailed a drawdown today...sh...

#65     Dec 1, 2009
  6. Informed

Informed

#66     Jan 11, 2010
  7. so far these calls have been spot on. CSX too.

haha I still think the shit-tossing at the beginning of this thread is the best part though.

#67     Jan 11, 2010
  8. Informed

Informed

Already out OSIS, short April OTM puts while waiting the big IB firms get on to the train.

We like OSIS

#68     Jan 12, 2010
  9. LOL -forget crunching numbers - do standup comedy :D

#69     Jan 13, 2010
  10. Informed

Informed

#70     Apr 29, 2010