Nailed a quant job at a hedge fund!

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Informed, Aug 30, 2009.

1. lol
    all time most insane ET poster right here.
    Can't believe anyone is buying this story.

#21     Sep 2, 2009
  2. Informed

Informed

My first trading model went on live is a super success. The model works like this:

I want to attack the statistical arbitrage AutoTraderEx6 run by a big long-short hedge fund. I started to put down his shorts a little bit at the same time put up his long position. I keep shaking and make the Auto trader excited until the operator feels so good and increases size significantly. All of sudden, I pull up his shorts and pushes back his longs, I make sure the spread is wide open so he can't escape easily. I know he has reached the limit but can't be stopped. I see he is rushing out ...

#22     Sep 8, 2009
  3. Informed

Informed

#23     Sep 9, 2009
  4. Informed

Informed

#24     Sep 10, 2009
  5. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

fuck off ass-clown

:)

#25     Sep 10, 2009
  6. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

LOL!!

#26     Sep 10, 2009
  7. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

awwww man!!!

i can only dream of that job. ive been stuck on coffee and laundry duty for 4 years now. one day....

#27     Sep 10, 2009
  8. Informed

Informed

Most successful fund managers do not have Ph.D. degree, but they do like to hire them. If I got promoted to the manager, I will hire some Ph.D. too. The Ph.D.s are usually not very aggressive. The reason they got Ph.D. is they could not find a job and would work hard like a slave. Some fund managers give Ph.D. female hormone to make them sex slave (claiming female hormone helps trading ).

Not surprise, Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Apple, Dell ... are not started by PH.D.

Smart people will stop at master level.

#28     Sep 28, 2009
  9. Informed

Informed

#29     Sep 29, 2009

10. And even smarter people don't study or less study just Bachelor Level..lolzz

just start working their own field ..that they could make progress very faster

#30     Sep 29, 2009