Naif's Book Shelf

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by naifwonder, Jul 15, 2007.

1. Throughout the course of the past 2 years, I have developed a passion for reading. My only problem is that there is such a huge selection to choose from and that is where I am turning to the ET community for some help. My goal is to read at least 3 to 4 books per week - at least 1 or 2 of them being finance related - until college starts up again in late august. After that, I will modify this target quantity based on my work load.

I am asking that if anyone has a book which has been particularly pivotal in shaping their mindset - preferably finance related but other topics are also welcome - to post the title and author here. Articles, journals and other materials are also welcome. I will periodically compile a reading list taking into consideration what recommendations have been posted in here. I will not just be skimming through these books but will give them each the level of attention needed to properly understand the information contained within them.

As for books not pertaining to the field of finance, for the sake of keeping this thread finance oriented since this is ET, I will not make that the focus of this discussion. However, if you have recommendations regarding other subjects - primarily physics, chemistry, math or biology - I would be interested to know.

Please understand that I will not be able to read every book posted in here due to financial and time constraints. If you are wondering why I am doing this, I love learning. With that said, let the recommending begin.

2. nkhoi

nkhoi

New Trading Dimensions: How to Profit from Chaos in Stocks, Bonds, and Commodities by Bill M. Williams.