Nadex 20 & 5 binaries

Discussion in 'Options' started by bigspeculate, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Sig

Sig

OK, red herring 11? What does paying to use the name have to do with how I get treated as a trader again?

#41     Feb 26, 2017
  2. southall

southall

Correct me if am wrong, but they use a proprietary data feed for FX to calculate settlement price. Is that correct?

#42     Feb 26, 2017
  3. koolaid

koolaid

Are the trades on Nadex backed by options/futures contracts in the open market? That's all you need to show me.

Otherwise, all you're doing on Nadex is betting A or B will happen...and you're doing that against the house...it's the same as any of these other gambling websites that bet on elections and other events.

#43     Feb 26, 2017
  4. southall

southall

Agree, intraday binaries are mickey mouse gambling products not serious options for hedging risk.

#44     Feb 26, 2017
  5. koolaid

koolaid

This is what I am trying to explain to these tards.

#45     Feb 26, 2017
  6. sle

sle

I am pretty sure the MM is delta hedging these, at these BO spreads they would be making money. Plus, the actual vol exposure for a digital is very small.

#46     Feb 26, 2017
  7. koolaid

koolaid

I don't even think they need to delta hedge..they can just play their clients' positions off each other like any good bucket shop would. With a 15% spread...you don't need much hedging.

#47     Feb 26, 2017
  8. Sig

Sig

I should have more accurately said you can take either side of any trade, and with a binary "selling" the long is the same as "buying" the short since it is binary. You and I can market make same as them all day long. If you haven't yet signed up for an account I highly recommend doing it for fun next time you have a slow day. I think it's a minimum $100 to fund and I think you'll find it fun to play around with. If 6% is usurious (I don't know where 15% came from, I always see a $6 or less spread) than its an opportunity for you since you can compete equally. You can even set yourself up with a FIX connection. I know you do this for a living and I'd love to have you on there as another MM!

#48     Feb 26, 2017
    sle likes this.
  9. koolaid

koolaid

This is going to be reported as promotion...you should list yourself as a vendor if you're going to entice ppl in this shady work.

#49     Feb 26, 2017
  10. sle

sle

Out of all people here, I am probably the lowest on the list of being possibly scammed :)

#50     Feb 26, 2017