N225 nikkei futures

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by mbatrader, May 15, 2006.

1. What Products does IB offer for japanese futures....The symbol N225 has a margin requirement of 37000 in IB??Why is it so high??Or have i typed in the wrong symbol ?? I am using the N225 symbol in IB...Can somebody please clarify....

Given the high correlation between Japanese indexes and US indexes...We can take advantage of the time factor when the US market is done....
    Please let me know....

2. Its a big contract ... but remember its probably in yen.

Look at the SGXNK which is N225 on Singapore futures exchange and moves in 5pt increments instead of 10pt for the Tokyo version. A much nicer contract for retail traders.

3. Take a look a KOSPI options symbol k200. You can trade very liquid options that have a very small contract size. I think it is a much better contract to trade than SGXNK

4. the margin requirements are in ****YEN**** not in USD because these contracts are traded in YEN not USD

file under : DUH :)

and u don;'t want to trade the N225 contract which has higher margin requirements AND a wider spread (10 pts)

trade the SGXNK which is fungible with n225, and has lower spread and margin requirements

5. Thank you. I will check out sgxnk. I have deveoped a neural network and kalman filter model that might predict nikkei futures better....

Also, When i was calculating correlations between S&P and nikkei, I realised that tuesday and thursdays, S&P and nikkei were VERY Highly correlated. So based on this, if we just go with the direction that S&P took during the day, atleast at the open we have an opportunity.....

I will post some results in the coming days....