N Korea says it has "approval" to strike the USA, China summons all 3 ambassadors.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Grandluxe, Apr 3, 2013.

1. . :D .

#51     Apr 4, 2013
  2. I think China will defend NK, at what point is the question.
    Neither NK nor China fears the US, imo. But, they (China) no more want a conflict than the US does.

#52     Apr 4, 2013
  3. Ricter

Ricter

I'm a bit miffed he's used that excellent word and I haven't. And he's made a counter-argument based on logic. So I'm wondering who hacked Lucrum's account.

#53     Apr 4, 2013
  4. I guess someone on ignore objected to my use of Benghazi as an analogy. You guys have it spot on. If you can't handle a tiny situation, if you hang some SEALs out to dry while you are getting down with Beyonce and Jay-z, why would anyone have any confidence that you can handle a medium-sized staredown? If you are willing to tolerate four Americans being murdered and do nothing about it, what's your limit?

If NK does attack, the whole thing could be over in 24 hours. Seoul destroyed, 30,000 American troops killed or taken prisoner and Japan threatened. The idea that China would intervene to help us is far-fetched. Most likely , they would stop taking Obama's calls and wait to see how it plays out. Leave us struggling in ambiguity as to whether an aggressive response by us would bring them in or not.

The whole thing is win-win for China. If NK forces us to back down or inflicts huge losses on SK, their two biggest threats have been neutralized. If we sit back and do nothing in the face of an attack, that would be a signal they can safely "reunify" Taiwan by force. If we do respond with all out military force, short of nukes, then we use up a lot of our dwindling military supplies, spend a few more trillions we don't have and weaken ourselves even more, plus give them a closeup view of how our best stuff works.

They have to be very confident that Obama would never authroize a nuclear strike unless NK went nuclear first, and even then he would be under a lot of pressure not to. In retrospect, we should have let Douglas MacArthur and Curtis LeMay handle it the first time. Back when we had the nukes and they didn't.

#54     Apr 4, 2013
  5. Obama has set up an American Politburo, ergo :p , he doesn't have to make a decision, which leaves him in charge but not responsible.

#55     Apr 4, 2013
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

#56     Apr 4, 2013
  7. .

Oh I've heard it before and I do know what it means so in this case it isn't due to a limited vocabulary just not a word I use.
    By the way we all have a limited vocabulary. What do you want me to do about it? ha

#57     Apr 4, 2013
  8. I see AAA has diarrhea of the keyboard again. And like so many of the weak willed who put people on ignore on a political forum but still can't control themselves and have to respond to those same ones on ignore.

#58     Apr 4, 2013
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

You mean like Ricter?

#59     Apr 4, 2013
  10. Mercor

Mercor

I don't think China sees any upside to a Korean war.
    I could envision , if North Korea started to make moves , that China would take out their leadership and replace it with a puppet regime

#60     Apr 4, 2013