N. Korea no longer a nuclear threat

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Cuddles, Jun 13, 2018.

1. vanzandt

vanzandt

maga!

Chuck Schumer praises Trump for ditching North Korea talks
    [​IMG]
    Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., flanked by Sen. Patty Murray, D-Wash., left, and Sen. Debbie Stabenow, D-Mich., speak to reporters on Capitol Hill in Washington, Tuesday, Feb. 5, 2019. (AP Photo/J. Scott Applewhite) ** FILE ** more >
    Print
    By Stephen Dinan - The Washington Times - Thursday, February 28, 2019
    President Trump’s decision to walk away from a bad nuclear deal with North Korea won exceptional praise from Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer, who said Thursday the president deserves credit for being willing to forgo a weak agreement.

“President Trump did the right thing by walking away and not cutting a poor deal for the sake of a photo op,” Mr. Schumer said as the Senate convened.

He challenged the president to take the same approach to negotiations with China, saying he must “have the courage to do the same thing” and walk away if he doesn’t get a good deal on trade negotiations.

The encouragement from Mr. Schumer came after the president put an early end to talks in Vietnam with North Korean leader Kim Jong-un.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    #51     Mar 1, 2019
  2. exGOPer

exGOPer

Only Moonie Times could make a dig sound like a praise.

But these are desperate times, you will quote anything.

#52     Mar 1, 2019
  3. Trump can be quite the fooker, can't he? How about putting up someone, even a moderate Democrat, if there is one, who has a platform that is not based on false accusations of racism, etc., but rather a platform based on sound economic, foreign relations, environmental, educational, business, national security, border security, or strong Constitutional policies. I used the word "or" because when it comes to modern Democrats, baby steps appear appropriate so as to not overwhelm themselves.

Well, we're waiting...

#53     Mar 1, 2019
  4. UsualName

UsualName

Your big problem is Trump does not a platform based on any of that stuff for real.

#54     Mar 1, 2019
  5. Perhaps it's time for you to get your nose out of Nancy Pelosi's ass so you will able to see the big world that surrounds us. There are threads on ET that list Trump's accomplishments as President by the dozen, if not hundreds. Try doing our own independent research. If I see you trying and you still need help, let me know and I will help point you in the right direction.

#55     Mar 1, 2019
  6. kingjelly

kingjelly

I BELIEVE

Putin that they didn't interfere

MBS that he didn't order the killing

Kim that he didn't know about Otto

All of which are fucking obvious!!

This fucking guy is scared of strongmen. Does he not realize he got elected (sadly) and is the strongest man on the planet right now. You don't have to start WW3 to stand up for yourself or your country with your fucking mouth at least. I am not a TDS'er but for fucks sake, he's scared of these men when he holds all the power. This guy is the largest fucking vagina ever to hold the office.... a God Damn disgrace. Build the wall, run up the deficit, whatever, but have some fucking balls man!

#56     Mar 1, 2019
  7. Conspiracy theory much?

#57     Mar 2, 2019
  8. kingjelly

kingjelly

Conspiracy??? Please enlighten me as to what conpiracy you think I am peddling. This better be good, I don't ignore people lightly. In fact I have no one on ignore, but you may be my first as that is a pretty fucking retarded response to my post.

If you think the Russian interference is a conspiracy, ehhh highly unlikely but ok.

If you think MBS didn't order the killing, that's really out there.

If you think anyone so much as farts without Kim knowing about it, much less an AMERICAN PRISONER, you are so retarded that I don't have a word for you.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
    #58     Mar 2, 2019
    TRS, RedDuke and Frederick Foresight like this.
  9. When your own state department says You were wrong.
    That's what happens when you watch television all day and need to be briefed with pictures on International affairs

Kim — Not Trump — Was Right , Says State Department
    Just to set the record straight.

North Korea had the more accurate take on what happened at the summit with President Donald Trump before talks failed, according to an official with the U.S. State Department.

The president claimed Thursday that he had walked away from negotiations in Hanoi after Kim Jong Un demanded that all sanctions against the nation be lifted.

“Basically, they wanted the sanctions lifted in their entirety, and we couldn’t do that,” Trump said. “We had to walk away from that.”

But Pyongyang representatives called a late night news conference later that day to correct Trump’s statements, saying that Kim wanted only economic sanctions imposed since 2016 lifted — and not any concerning weapons. In exchange, Kim offered to shut down the nation’s main nuclear complex — and was prepared to offer in writing a permanent halt to the nation’s nuclear and intercontinental ballistic missile tests, according to his officials.

North Korea’s account of the sanction issue was accurate, a State Department official said Friday in a briefing to the media, The Associated Press reported that Kim had sought the lifting only of United Nations Security Council sanctions imposed since March 2016 — not sanctions going back decades. The concession would have removed sanctions on a range of goods, but not weapons.

Kim’s position was no surprise, the official said, because it had been brought up repeatedly in lower-level talks. But Trump and his negotiators decided lifting the sanctions posed from 2016 onward was too much.

Vice Foreign Minister Choe Sun Hui said Trump’s reaction puzzled Kim. He said that Kim “may have lost his will [to continue] North Korea-U.S. dealings,” AP reported.

Trump on Friday, meanwhile, tried to backpedal from his comments Thursday that he believed Kim’s statement that he had no idea what had happened to American student Otto Warmbier while he was in a North Korean prison. Warmbier died after being returned to the U.S. in a vegetative state in 2017.

Kim “tells me he didn’t know about it and I will take him at his word,” Trump said at a press conference in Hanoi.
    Warmbier’s parents shot back in a statement that “Kim and his evil regime are responsible for the death of our son Otto. Kim and his evil regime are responsible for unimaginable cruelty and inhumanity. No excuses or lavish praise can change that.”

Trump responded that his words had been “misinterpreted,” that he “loves” Otto Warmbier, and “of course I hold North Korea responsible for his mistreatment and death.”

[​IMG]

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
    I never like being misinterpreted, but especially when it comes to Otto Warmbier and his great family. Remember, I got Otto out along with three others. The previous Administration did nothing, and he was taken on their watch. Of course I hold North Korea responsible....

#59     Mar 2, 2019
  10. Cuddles

Cuddles

[​IMG]

#60     Mar 2, 2019