N. Korea no longer a nuclear threat

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Cuddles, Jun 13, 2018.

1. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Can the Democrats point to anything they have done in recent years that has made American people better off.

Don't even try to mention ACA -- because Obamacare screwed most of the middle class covered by employer plans.

#41     Feb 28, 2019
    AAAintheBeltway likes this.
  2. So you want to start WW III because a guy who for some idiotic reason decided to go to North Korea was murdered by them? I'm not condoning what they did by any means, but some times you have to recognize that your maneuvering room is not as broad as you would like. The North Koreans blew up South Korea's entire cabinet a few years ago. They sank one of their navy ships as well. The South did nothing but complain. They don't want war.

The current situation with them is untenable but what is the alternative? My alternative is we pull our troops out of South Korea, hopefully as part of a deal with the north. South Korea is no particular friend of the US. They are masters of unfair trade. They aren't the 52nd state, why are we risking war with china to support them? What exactly are we getting out of that bargain?

#42     Feb 28, 2019
  3. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Either you are the country that carries a big stick that no one is willing to cross, or you are a meek isolationist nation. Choose one.

Teddy Roosevelt outlined that collateral damage to other nations when you carry a big stick is not really a problem the U.S. should be concerned with -- albeit this was in a an era before nuclear weapons.

#43     Feb 28, 2019

4. He was banking on receiving the Nobel Peace Prize.

#44     Feb 28, 2019
  5. Cuddles

Cuddles

Obama's a pussy they said....

#45     Feb 28, 2019
  6. It's a highly stressful job that .

[​IMG]

#46     Feb 28, 2019
  7. Hopefully Trump did not actually say the bottom quote. I doubt anything goes on in North Korea that the dictator doesn’t specifically order or know about.

#47     Feb 28, 2019
  8. No divorce, just another mistress.

#48     Feb 28, 2019
  9. Tom B

Tom B

They were correct Ricter.

#49     Feb 28, 2019
  10. exGOPer

exGOPer

#50     Mar 1, 2019