Mystery Software Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by chanelops, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Got an OUT signal tonight on the ES contract, sold it for 1,264.75, for a loss of 8.75 points, or -$438.

The current status is as follows:

Open Positions:

None

Closed equity: - $1,798

Open equity: 0

29 down, 1 to go.

#41     Sep 8, 2008
  2. My personal opinion is that this is one of the best threads I've ever read. I'm pulling for you, but I won't buy your system.

#42     Sep 9, 2008
  3. Thanks, Sellingrich.

I don't have anything to sell, it's commercially available software. And I have no relationship with the manufacturer, other than being a satisfied customer.

Unfortunately, these test results are showing that if you use the software without money management tools, you'd come out a net loser, so I don't blame you for not wanting to buy it. I wouldn't buy it either, if this is the best I could do.

I guess I'll probably wind up doing another journal, or continuing this one, to show how it would work coupled with money management tools. But these journals are a pain to keep up, so I may take a break before I start up again.

#43     Sep 9, 2008
  4. Got an LONG signal tonight on the ES contract, and executed it at 1,231.50. I guess this will be the last trade, as it will be number 30.

The current status is as follows:

Open Positions:

S&P mini (ESU8) - LONG @ $1,231.50

Closed equity: - $1,798

Open equity: 0

29 down, 1 to go.

#44     Sep 9, 2008
  5. Whimsy

Whimsy Guest

Chanelops:

Well I suppose you'll be posting your last trade here shortly. I really think you should continue to post until you hit 30 trades of each. As I said in my last post I've found that different instruments trade differently. Here are your winning\losing trades to date:

Gold......W=0 L=2
    Pound...W=0 L=2
    30yrT....W=7 L=2
    ES........W=6 L=2
    NQ........W=2 L=3
    Yen.......W=1 L=2

There is quite a difference in the W/L ratio. As I write your ES trade is up about 26 points. If you close it out this weekend you'll end down about $500 overall for 30 trades amongst all instrument types. However, your closed ES trades profited by about $3787 so the Mystery Software seems to work for the ES, at least on this small sample. I trade the ES so I'd like to see 30 trades in the ES before you close this Journal, even if you just paper trade the rest. Of course since you are making money in the ES you could use real money for it and paper trade the rest.

#45     Sep 13, 2008
  6. Got an OUT signal on the ES trade tonight, exited @ 1,220.75, for a loss of 10.75 points, or -$537.50. That was no fun, because this was a trade that was making good money up until the Lehman fiasco. But, that's the way the markets go.

So, after the 30 trades and two months of time, I find myself with a loss of $2,336 to show for all this. Not what I was hoping for, but good information all the same.

I'm going to do some deeper analysis of the trades and post back on next steps.

Whimsy, thanks for your comments and suggestions, which I'll address when I make the next post.

#46     Sep 16, 2008