Mysterious "Trump trades?"

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Option_Attack, Oct 16, 2019.

1. “There Is Definite Hanky-Panky Going On”: The Fantastically Profitable Mystery of the Trump Chaos Trades

The president’s talk can move markets—and it’s made some futures traders billions. Did they know what he was going to say before he said it?

"In the last 10 minutes of trading at the Chicago Mercantile Exchange on Friday, September 13, someone got very lucky. That’s when he or she, or a group of people, sold short 120,000 “S&P e-minis..."

http://flip.it/R25XR5

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  2. Started with Russia, Ukraine, impeachment, and no insider trading.
    Funny how they got nothing on him after multiple trials.

3. guru

guru

I think that some smart people figure out that when Trump is meeting Chinese president then they won’t announce bad news. Other stuff looks more suspicious, though I mainly didn’t understand how someone could buy 40% of daily volume in S&P e-minis without moving the market, but then the market moved AFTER they stopped buying. Doesn’t demand drive the price?
    And this actually happens all the time and I’ve seen some people here also asking how some stocks instantly move overnight to specific price level and stay there, whether due to earnings or otherwise, without being traded and price driven through demand.

4. gaussian

gaussian

Well, he is almost certainly getting an inquiry and more Republicans are turning on him especially after the recent letter to Turkey and shit fit he threw like a little child in the meeting with Pelosi - both pitiful and embarrassing. The Mueller Report wasn't a trial (that's against the rules), it was a report detailing the prosecutorial findings of special counsel. It is up to the senate to decide if they take it to court which of course they wouldn't because it would be career suicide for an incumbent Republican. Ukraine is still on the plate.

It is very typical of always-trumpers to ignore the facts when they're inconvenient.

It wouldn't be surprising to me if it comes out in the inquiry he's giving tips when he's about to shitpost. He seems to enjoy power tripping whenever he can.

comagnum likes this.
  5. Turveyd

Turveyd

He's covered in shit, makes him slippy as hell, that's all, he lies and sacks everyone to get himself clear, nothing sticks to him, they should try a fluffy towl.