Mysterious lump on bicep

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Tsing Tao, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Knowing that some of you guys are avid sportsman, health freaks and the like, I figured I'd post my question here to see what you say. I have an appointment to see my doc tomorrow morning, but I just discovered a golf ball size bump on my right (dominant) bicep. It is about three inches or so above the bend in the arm (elbow) on top of my bicep. It does not hurt when i press on it, or when i use my arm.

I've read about ruptures, bruises, etc, all would seemingly have more pain. Then, of course, i get nervous about any lump at all being tumor related, but I only just felt it today. Could it have been there a while? I suppose, but at the size of a golf ball??

I am active in jujitsu and had a rough Katana class last night (sword) so maybe it could be that?

I thought I'd plug into the ET hive mind and see what came up.

2. Wallet

Wallet

It's always good to have it looked at by the doc, but if it's just under the skin, pliable and relatively free of pain it's normally just a cyst ....... and no action needed unless it's pressing on a nerve. I have similar nodes on both arms around the elbows.... have had them looked at been there for years..... no big deal.

Don't freak yourself out.

3. Years ago, i noticed a lump in the roof of my mouth. The dentist said it wasn't cancer because it was soft and it turned out it wasn't. Its still there by the way.

A friend of mine call me about a decade ago and said he had a lump on his testicle. I asked him if it was soft and he said it was. It wasn't cancer either.

Either way get a second opinion. My heath history is full of too many misdiagnoses

4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Thanks, good to know. I'm pretty sure it's something to do with the muscle, like a rupture or something. When I straighten out my arm, I cannot find it. It's only when I make a muscle that it's able to be located.

5. Sounds like a broken blood vessel

Dr. Rennick Gupta out:cool:

6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

The size of a golf ball?

7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Grab your sword and amputate immediately!

:D

8. LEAPup

LEAPup

Tsing, I wouldn't suspect a mass. As stated above, possibly a ruptured vessel. I was wondering if you may have torn your bicep, but usually a torn bicep literally tears free, and rolls up the arm, and you would KNOW if that were the case. Worst case scenario, he/she sends you for an MRI. Again, I wouldn't think cancer at all. It will be related to the sparring. A sports injury.

Any discoloration? No soreness at all?

I'd bet if it were aspirated, your doctor would have a syringe full of puss, and blood. He/she won't do that, but would be indicative of a sports injury. i.e., someone hit you just right with a wooden katana.

9. Perhaps you could try the coffee enema mentioned in another thread.:eek: But seriously, get it checked out by a professional.

10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

The soreness came in this evening. A dull soreness, like it was overworked. No discoloration. I haven't used a wooden katana (a bokun) for a long time. I use a live metal blade. It's considerably heavier.

#10     Feb 12, 2013